question - Posted by avery hodge

Posted by Heather_Tx on July 22, 2003 at 01:26:51:


I would suggest looking online first for your Tax Assesor office. Most nowdays are online except for the little outback country counties. If you have the address, just look it up using that and it should tell you who the taxes are being sent to, and the owner. From there, if it is near you might be able to go knock on their door, or even look up their Phone# on If all else fails, try sending a letter to them with fowarding requested written on it.

Hope this Helps,

question - Posted by avery hodge

Posted by avery hodge on July 21, 2003 at 09:33:10:

I have 2 houses that seem vacant, one is vacant with door
boarded up, broken glass, etc. The other had a for sale by owner sign in the inside of the window a few months ago but now the sign is gone but it seems like it’s still empty.
My question is what are the steps a person can take to find out who owns the properties if the person doesn’t live there anymore?