Question? - Posted by Mike(MAINE)

Posted by Rolfe on April 25, 2000 at 24:13:38:

Mike;

Certainly, no money, bad credit, and limited time will make investing more difficult. Not impossible, but more difficult.

If you find a motivated seller, anything could happen. You might consider setting a goal to improve your financial situation before worrying about investment - then be confident that you are working toward your goal. In the mean time, keep looking for the right property.

The cost of a property is only one peice of the equation. What you really need want to is will the property makes money. Follow Sheets’ cash flow analysis.

Good Luck! Rolfe

Question? - Posted by Mike(MAINE)

Posted by Mike(MAINE) on April 21, 2000 at 22:11:54:

Hello everyone.
I live in Portland, Maine and would like to know if their is anyone from this general area who has been successful with the Carlton Sheets course starting with nothing but very bad credit, no money and limited time. I am ashamed to say that I bought the course in 1992 and could never break through my fears of completing the process. I have studied the course so many times I can recite it and even have called on properties but I seem to dye at the gate. I am the perfect person for investing because I have experience in remodeling that is supported by a strong work ethic. But, the r.e. in my area seems to be to high to rent(average house is $140,000 for 2 or 3 br). The rents are starting to mirror the Boston area which is one of the highest in the country. Renting appeals more to me than flipping properties. SAVE ME!!!

the first purchase… - Posted by RR Smith

Posted by RR Smith on April 25, 2000 at 04:53:24:

should be a duplex…that way half the rent is payed by the tenant on that side…
now I just reduced your price to $100k on your side…is that better? find a fixer deplex with a 203K loan at 3% down…~~~~ now your down to $3k …less than a down payment on a good car…