Questions about cost for newspaper ads, signs and postcards... - Posted by Charity

Posted by LeonNC on June 04, 2000 at 21:35:48:

Hi Charity,

I buy postcards by the thousand. They run me 7.6 cents each. I would imagine you might get them less if you were buying them in larger quantities.

I don’t put up signs but I do know they can be made inexpensively. You can make them from wood and paint it then stencil your “I buy houses” on it. Or you can go to a sign shop and I think I bought some signs onetime for like $1.50 each in a quantity over 50.

Newspaper ads in my metro paper cost about $340.00 to run for a month. If you run it less time then that the price goes way up. All you have to do is call and ask the newspaper.

If you’re just getting started in this thing like me I would suggest you start with signs and postcards as they are very inexpensive. You can send your postcards to people selling thier houses in the newspaper, on the Internet, fsbo magazines, and motivated sellers you find at the courthouse. Unless you have a lot of money I’d save as much as you can to run the ads to SELL your house once you get one under contract…you’ll need it.

I hope this helps

LeonNC

Questions about cost for newspaper ads, signs and postcards… - Posted by Charity

Posted by Charity on June 04, 2000 at 19:29:45:

I’d like to know if there are places to go for the best deals if I want to have several thousand postcards printed and the I Buy Houses signs. What sort of prices are you finding?

Also, on newspaper ads, are you getting good responses (the I Buy Houses ads) and what are the typical costs for a large metro paper?

Thanks!
Charity