Questions About Lease-Purchase Deal - Posted by Erich (CA)

Posted by Erich (CA) on October 31, 2000 at 10:48:47:

One more question, the seller-landlord wants to check my credit since I am the mastor lesor. I have A+++ credit and don’t want too many credit inquires, especially if I am doing a deal a week. How can I avoid this?

Questions About Lease-Purchase Deal - Posted by Erich (CA)

Posted by Erich (CA) on October 31, 2000 at 10:42:24:

I’m currently putting together a lease-purchase deal…when suddenly, I realize that I don’t have all the information. Two big burning questions:

1. What happens to the option consideration money? Does it apply to the down payment at closing?

I live near Silicon Valley in an area where property is at a premium and houses start at 350K. I plan to ask my tennant-buyer to put up 22K for 1 year option. She hasn’t asked me yet, but I imagine that it would break the deal if she found out that 22K will be lost.

1. What kind of closing occurs at the title company? Here is my structure:

Landlord-Seller
349K sales price, 15K option money, 1 year term, 1500/month rent. Somewhat motivated to sell.

Tennant-buyer
359K sales price, 22K option money, 1 year term, 1750/month rent with 250/month credit to buy down purchase price.

Question, how do I close the deal? Buyer credits me my back end money? double escrow? What is commonly done?

Thanks in advance for the advice!!!

Erich