Questions-Doc..(excellent and telling reply below) - Posted by Dave Baker

Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA on April 08, 2002 at 22:08:28:

First of all Dave let me say thanks for your nice post.

Dave there are many kinds of mobile home investors here on this board. Some do Lonnie deals, some own mobile home parks, some buy and sell mobiles on private land and some own and rent mobiles on private land, as I do. You can find the info you are seeking in the archives under my last name. Many other posters have great information on this subject too. You should be able to find 747 posts on this board and they are primarily about mobile homes on private land. I hope you find something of interest there.

If you will go through the archives first, I will be happy to try to answer any other questions you may have, if I can. This keeps me from having to answer the same questions over and over again, and it saves lots of board space.

If you like you can e-mail me anytime at craigwhisler@webuniverse.net or I would be happy to supply you with my phone number if haven’t already found it.

Regards, doc

Questions-Doc…(excellent and telling reply below) - Posted by Dave Baker

Posted by Dave Baker on April 08, 2002 at 21:14:49:

I got an email notification today that Doc had responded to my thread below about renting vs. Lonnies. It was a fascinating and telling look into the psyche of “the master” of this board. Go here for the response by Doc:

http://www.creonline.com/mobilehomes/wwwboard4/messages/14890.html

Doc, since you mentioned that most all of your long term deals are renters rather than Lonnies, how about a little sage advice on that aspect of Mobiles that seems to be rarely talked about on this forum? In my area, renting seems to be more profitable than Lonnies for longevity and steady income…In fact,that is where I am hoping to make a long term investment. I would like to have 8 or so mobiles in the next five years, ALL rented and producing income. I have one already that pays the payment on my own home and itself, and it seems to be working well. Sure there is occasional outlay in maintenance, but 99% of that is tax deductible. What’s there to lose? the two I have are only 1/4 mile away from where I live so keeping my eyes on them is not a problem.

Tell us all about your experiences, Doc and any tidbits and pitfalls you have encountered. How has it worked and working for you long term and what does the future look like for renting older mobiles? I’m all ears.