Questions for Georgia (Atlanta Area) - Posted by MikeO(GA)

Posted by roundhouse on June 14, 2005 at 14:02:02:

All of the MHPs I know of within 20 miles of the Perimeter are filled with illegal mexicans renting weekly. if not they are very expensive parks.
I think the best bet is to look in Bartow or Coweta county or somewhere like that.

CObb county said they had no list of MHP;s Bartow and Coweta faxed me a list of MHPs.

Questions for Georgia (Atlanta Area) - Posted by MikeO(GA)

Posted by MikeO(GA) on June 09, 2005 at 10:55:47:

I just bought both of Lonnies’s books and ready to jump in.
I have read the post here and archives, you guys and gals are a real plethora of info. What a great site!!
I have a few questions for Greater Atlanta Investors.

1. Does GA require a Mobile Home Dealers license?
    If so: Where do I get it? and how much does it cost?

2. I know there are lots of parks around and MH for sale,
    but there are few if any ads in the AJC and Marietta Daily Journal.
    Why is this?

3. With influx of Hispanic’s, do any of you advertise in
    Spanish?

Re: Questions for Georgia (Atlanta Area) - Posted by MikeO(GA)

Posted by MikeO(GA) on June 09, 2005 at 18:26:14:

Thanks Tom and Scott,

I knew AJC was expensive, I had not priced MDJ.

There is a park about 5 minutes from my house. It has quite a few Hispanics in it. Not sure if they own or rent. Either way the ones here legally and with a TIN number and job should be able to pass the Park application. My wife is Cuban and my father in law is a translator. I’m going to have him translate the legal docs into spanish for me. Also, I can use my wifes phone number for the spanish speakers… Not sure if it will work but will try it all to get the cash flowing.

Happy Investing;
MikeO

Re: Questions for Georgia (Atlanta Area) - Posted by Tom (GA)

Posted by Tom (GA) on June 09, 2005 at 17:33:11:

1.Yes. http://www.gainsurance.org/FIREMARSHAL/home.asp#MANUFACTUREDHOUSING
$200
2. AJC and MDJ are expensive to advertise in.
3. No

Tom

Re: Questions for Georgia (Atlanta Area) - Posted by Scott

Posted by Scott on June 09, 2005 at 17:01:16:

Hey MikeO(Ga),
I’m in the same boat as you (education and motivation wise) on the coast of GA. What I plan on doing here as far as the Hispanic folks are concerned is contact the local “Hispanic Assistance Groups” and advertise available units with them. Though the issue which comes to mind is will the Hispanics be able to pass the MH parks application process (i.e., credit check, etc.)? Good luck in your MH endeavors.

Re: Questions for Georgia (Atlanta Area) - Posted by Bill Cobb

Posted by Bill Cobb on June 27, 2005 at 14:20:21:

Tom, please contact Bill Cobb in Baton Rouge, wdcobb@cox.net. I have some good info for you.