Questions for the Georgia investors - Posted by Mark

Posted by Eric - GA on October 16, 2003 at 07:18:27:

Where in Atlanta are you trying to do business? Though lots of money is made near downtown, I’m much more comfortable outside the perimeter. I guess I’m too practical or something…I just can’t see spending $300K for a house where I don’t feel safe walking through the neighborhood at night. So, in the outlying communities, I feel houses are selling pretty well…in fact our problem has been with finding enough to buy.

Eric - GA

Questions for the Georgia investors - Posted by Mark

Posted by Mark on October 15, 2003 at 22:04:48:

I am a new investor in the metro Atlanta area and I just want to see if anyone else has noticed that the older houses do not seem to be selling very well at this time. I have several good deals on fixer-uppers at my finger tips but I am somewhat skeptical of the market right now.
Also, I am looking for a good, creative non-conforming mortgage company.

Re: Questions for the Georgia investors - Posted by raisismith

Posted by raisismith on October 15, 2003 at 22:49:40:

Well if the sellers market for older houses is not that good then how about the renters market for older houses,…if the properties you are talking about are good equitible deals then you should be able to collect a profit from renting,…while awaiting a buyer right?

Re: Questions for the Georgia investors - Posted by Mark

Posted by Mark on October 16, 2003 at 06:13:22:

I have a friend who has 11 rentals scattered throughout the metro area and 6 of the 11 are vacant. He will have 1 of the 6 rented by the end of the month. There are some good deals but it seems like you have to be able to sit on them for a while if you buy. It seems like the market has slowed down alot here now.

Re: Questions for the Georgia investors - Posted by Eric - GA

Posted by Eric - GA on October 16, 2003 at 07:22:59:

Forgot to answer your other question…good source for a range of investor mortgages is First Mortgage Solutions, website at

http://www.investormortgages.com/

They’ll do about anything you want, except hard-money style loans…but there’s plenty of places to find them, just look in the paper.

Eric - GA