Quick! Help! - Posted by Brad

Posted by Marty (MO) on September 06, 2003 at 13:49:50:

I’d focus on his having $7000 cash. Instead of looking for houses, talk to the managers and find motivated sellers- people who need to sell NOW. If you can convince him to be patient, obtain a list of repos in the area. You can easily buy a nice repo for $7000, then create a note for your sale price.
I think you’re on the right path, selling the house before you buy. I’ve only been able to do this once, so far.
Good luck,
Marty

Quick! Help! - Posted by Brad

Posted by Brad on September 05, 2003 at 20:36:58:

I decided to run an ad this week in the Thrifty nickel to check on local motivation levels of sellers, just to test the water. I had a call tonite from a guy who wants to buy a larger home, 14X76 or so, for $6000 cash, or $5000 if he has to move it, some repair okay, nothing major though. He said he may go up to $7k for the right house, cash. What is the best way to do this? He would like me to find him something by Sunday, it is Friday night and I have class till 12:00 on Saturday. Should I just drive the parks for for sale signs, and try a quick Purchase agreement?
ideally, i would like to find the house, tie it up, have him look at the house, then use his cash to pay the seller. Is this realistic? I have just finished reading DOW again. Any help is greatly appreciated, Brad