Quick Section 8 question... - Posted by IB (NJ)

Posted by HR on February 01, 2002 at 17:56:17:

Hi Jim,

Hope you are well. I was thinking of you today, in fact. I went down to the local section 8 office, and was speaking with the director and some of the others about stuff, when I asked about the new rate sheets. They didn’t have them yet, but they thought the prices might go up. Might go up. That’s when I remembered your fun, little stat: that the section 8 rents have increased each year for the last 31. That little ditty comforted my soul…

As far as space heaters, they are legal and allowed here, and you only need one per house. I find that most tenants request more, so I put them in, because I want the tenants comfortable and staying for a long time. They must be the non-oxydizing type of heater, though, so if the pilot goes out, the residents don’t die.

That’s a good thing. I don’t want dead tenants. LOL.

See you in March,

Hal

Quick Section 8 question… - Posted by IB (NJ)

Posted by IB (NJ) on February 01, 2002 at 09:02:18:

Do bedrooms have to have radiators in them and if so, will an electric radiator do?

not only for section 8 but also… - Posted by David Krulac

Posted by David Krulac on February 01, 2002 at 16:06:51:

for FHA/HUD apprasisals there must be heat in each bedroom or it doesn’t count as a bedroom. If you put in electric baseboard the day before the appraisal, its a bedroom, after the appraisal it a storage room.

David Krulac

Re: Quick Section 8 question… - Posted by Jim Rayner

Posted by Jim Rayner on February 01, 2002 at 10:46:52:

Permanently installed electric baseboard is fine space heater is not.