QuickBooks- found it! - Posted by Pam WA

Posted by Michael S. (CA) on February 09, 2002 at 24:12:49:

Thanks!

QuickBooks- found it! - Posted by Pam WA

Posted by Pam WA on February 08, 2002 at 21:21:59:

I posted a question about where to buy Quickbooks cheap- here’s what I found.
on ebay, QuickBooks Pro 2002 is going for $205 to $215 approximately.
I visited the Student Book Store at a local University and they could order a full (NOT an ungrade) copy for me for $179.95 plus $5 to mail it to me, plus tax. Retail is $279.
People may want to check their local community college, university, etc, for ANY software they need. I just dropped my jaw when I saw the price (and wrote a check).
Thanks to everyone who helped (my local computer guru gave me the final lead).
Pam WA

Correction… - Posted by Pam WA

Posted by Pam WA on March 06, 2002 at 20:40:21:

Well, The Student Book Store quoted me the price for QuickBooks basic, not Pro. They also shipped the Basic version and I ended up returning it and buying on ebay, anyway. Found a “buy now” copy at $210 (includes shipping). I do think some items are priced well at student bookstores but this wasn’t one.
Sorry if I derailed anyone.
Pam WA

uh… - Posted by eric-fl

Posted by eric-fl on February 10, 2002 at 19:39:43:

I work in the I.T. industry full-time. From my occupation, I’ve been aware that Academic pricing is almost always the cheapest way to buy software, BUT, you normally have to be a registered student for that. If you aren’t, and were able to buy software at a college bookstore without being prompted for ID, I’d chalk it up as a nice one-off. In my job, I’ve actually ordered productivity software on behalf of schools, and was always required of proof that it was indeed for a school, which usually took the form of a letter from the Principal. Just so everyone knows…