quit claim deed and refiance - Posted by tasha

Posted by John Merchant on June 12, 2003 at 13:16:34:

can i date the quit claim deed back 6 months? any ideas?

Sounds like you have a legally questionable QC Deed inasmuch as it obviously wasn’t notarized…or it would have been dated when signed and notarized.

While a Deed doesn’t have to be notarized (probably-need to check your state law on this)to give you possessory rights, you’ll find that no title company will clear your title for a new loan, until and unless the ex’s signature is notarized (and dated).

So you may have to start over to get a valid deed from the ex-F. Probably no big deal because the guy obviously is gonna want his name off that loan and will jump through some hoops to get that done.

To save you expense, I’d encourage you to wait until the new lender gives you list of their requirements, which you can then proceed to fulfill. One of which is going to be new, dated & notarized deed from the ex.

quit claim deed and refiance - Posted by tasha

Posted by tasha on June 11, 2003 at 19:01:40:

i need some info. i bought a house with my x-fiancee. needless to say, not getting married. i am keeping the house, but need to refiance in order to get his name off the loan. know all about quit claim deed which takes away all his interest but not his responsibility. problem is: i was told by a mortgage broker that if i can prove i have paid the mortgage for the last 6 months (i can), i might not have to qualify. is this true? can’t qualify cause work as bartender and can’t prove income. can i date the quit claim deed back 6 months? any ideas?

Re: quit claim deed and refiance - Posted by rowena hollaway

Posted by rowena hollaway on August 10, 2003 at 17:12:15:

i don’t want to refiance just need to know how to get a deed so i can get my ex off the mortgage.my interest is at 7 now.

Re: quit claim deed and refiance - Posted by Anita Harrison

Posted by Anita Harrison on July 10, 2003 at 02:18:53:

Caring for elderly mother with Alzheimers who happens to own property, Need information about changing property in my name and refiancing> Value your honest response.