Quit Claim Help!! - Posted by Sarah

Posted by River City on July 08, 2002 at 14:01:45:

If the park holds the paperwork, ask them what you have to do to get the loan in your name only. They might let you assume the loan just in your name. You also might have to go to a lender and refinance the loan with just your name on the paperwork. In either case, the other owner will have to quit claim her rights to the property to you at or before the closing. Make sure that if you are the only one obligated for the loan, that the other owner quit claims her portion of the property to you. You don’t want to pay for the property all by yourself if she is still on title.

Quit Claim Help!! - Posted by Sarah

Posted by Sarah on July 03, 2002 at 21:47:15:

Im buying a mobile home from a park who holds the loan. I was buying this house with another person who no longer lives here and wants her name off the paperwork. Do I do a quit claim,re finance, or is there something else I should do?

Re: Quit Claim Help!! - Posted by Tony-VA

Posted by Tony-VA on July 08, 2002 at 14:19:13:

Just to clarify, unless Sarah is buying the lot and the home (not likely from a park), then her mobile home is Personal Property and not Real Property thus a Quit Claim Deed is not applicable. Are you referring to some other legal instrument?