Quit Claim Question? - Posted by Kim

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on July 11, 2002 at 13:27:23:

In situations such as these, my title rep only requires a quit-claim from the “estranged” spouse to close these transactions. The spouse has given up all rights to the property, and has no legal interest.

However (a big caution), this is what my particular title rep requires, in my state. This strategy may not fly in your state, or for any different title company or lawyer. Maybe they would require a different document, such as a limited power of attorney. Who knows. Your best bet is to call a reputable title company and ask them what they would require if they were closing the transaction.

Quit Claim Question? - Posted by Kim

Posted by Kim on July 11, 2002 at 07:15:38:

A married couple is soon to get divorced. The husband has just quit claimed his interest in the house to the wife. Now can the house be put in a land trust with only the wife’s signature? Does the husband have any more rights? I just want to be sure the Quit Claim will hold up or is there any other forms necessary? This is not a community state but sinse their still married I want to make sure the transfer is legitimate.