Rainy days = less calls ? - Posted by Keith (OH)

Posted by Adam (IN) on May 13, 2006 at 08:32:44:

usually i would agree but i actually sold one yesterday and the guy gave me $350 cash on the spot to hold it…i think this is the first transaction i have ever made (buying or selling) when it was raining so overall i think the rain is a downer for business all around

Rainy days = less calls ? - Posted by Keith (OH)

Posted by Keith (OH) on May 13, 2006 at 08:22:33:

Anybody else notice a significant drop in call volume during rainy days? I thought it was just a coincidence but my wife pointed out that it wasn’t the first time we had a volume drop during a run of rainy days.

Just thought it was kinda interesting…

Looking for handyman to build an arc,
Keith

Re: Rainy days = less calls ? - Posted by Eric (MI)

Posted by Eric (MI) on May 16, 2006 at 13:41:07:

I have noticed that as well in all areas of this business be it mobile homes or single family. Be have had a stretch of over a week of “blah” weather and it is definitely different than when we have a week of mid 70’s+ and sunshine. I have notice, myself included, that miserable weather has a negative psychological effect on people.

Re: Rainy days = less calls ? - Posted by Steve Contois

Posted by Steve Contois on May 14, 2006 at 09:38:39:

I’ve heard people say, “The phone is not ringing because its raining. Know one wants to shop in this when its this nice?” Five days later, I’ve heard the same person say, “Geez, the phone must not be ringing because the sun is out and its so beautiful. Who would shop for a moblie home in this weather.” It makes me laugh because I’m thinking: If the customers don’t shop when its raining, and they don’t shop when its sunnny, when the hell are they ever going to shop? I’ve always found that the phone quits rining whenever I stop advetising consistently. There is also a drop off when its been awhile since I’ve networked with the park mangers and spent some quality time with them. I’ve also noticed a drop off when I haven’t been riding the bumps and talking to the residents off the park. I always try to internalize drop offs in business so I feel like I control my own destiny and am not at the mercy of circumstances I can’t control like the weather, economy, etc. I’ve heard stories from investors that have sold homes on Christmas, New Years, during tornado warnings, at midnight, and all sorts of crazy cirumstances. I had a young lady call me a “pansy” a few weeks ago because I wanted to re-schedule an appointment to sell her a home during a tornado warning!!! I said to her, Ms., are you crazy? Where do you think the tornado’s hit first? Its always the MH park. She told me she needed a place to live and said, “We all gotta go sometime. I ain’t afraid of no tornado!” Guess that is the great thing about the Lonnie industry. There will always be a demand for low income housing and customers that see the value of owning instead of renting. Customers that want to own so bad they don’t let little things like tornadoes get in their way.

Re: Rainy days = less calls ? - Posted by Talia FL

Posted by Talia FL on May 14, 2006 at 08:42:19:

Rain?? What is that? I don’t think I remember what that is like…it has not rained in my neck of the woods for weeks…and a good portion of my neck of the woods is burning from brush fires!

But thankfully, I am still able to go out looking for that first deal…

I think your correct as well NT - Posted by Briton (IN)

Posted by Briton (IN) on May 13, 2006 at 15:42:00:

das

I’ve noticed that as well-nt - Posted by patsears

Posted by patsears on May 13, 2006 at 13:30:21:

nt