Randy & Charlie - bad news - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Hank FL on October 24, 2003 at 08:18:05:

That’s very sad.

I always liked Ernie Kessler.

I remember sitting in the back row of my REIA meeting awhile back and listening to Robert Allen. I look over to my right and notice Ernie Kessler has taken a seat next to me.

I’ve never seen a guy take notes like that.

I absolutely hope he’s in a bettr place now.

Randy & Charlie - bad news - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on October 22, 2003 at 23:35:44:

excerpted from another site
"
I have bad news folks! Many of you may know or know of Randy and Charlie France. They do a lot of Subject 2 and it is what they are known for. They travel the speaking circuit quite a bit and are two serious characters. Well, they head my local REIA group. You should know that yesterday while in an Orlando conference themselves, Randy suffered a major heart attack. It lasted for 6 hours. He made it through the heart attack, but he has major blockages. I assume they are doing surgery, but I have not been infomed just yet.

Please, please keep them in your prayers. Their main goal in life is to help people. That is why they do what they do. Charlie often talks about being near homeless herself as a single mom, and it wasn’t more than 15 years ago! Their partner Bob Meister is asking for people not to call or bombard them with emails as they really can’t respond right now.

But please, pray, think good thoughts, and take care of yourself.

This is just hitting me so bad as it was less than a month ago I pulled Randy aside and told him I was worried about he and Charlie (their health seems to suffer with all their traveling) and we had such a great talk, but he really didn’t want me to worry!

Thanks guys and gals!

"

Not first hand on my part, but if it is true, then we ought to know - keep them in your prayers

Update. Good news!! - Posted by js-Indianapolis

Posted by js-Indianapolis on October 24, 2003 at 23:24:09:

From a local club member:
“Randy was released today. There are resting up for the trip home.”

I don’t have any further details.
But…WooHoo!!!

Re: Randy & Charlie - bad news - Posted by eric-fl

Posted by eric-fl on October 23, 2003 at 16:53:56:

Wow, first Ernie Kessler, now this. Add to which, there have been several prominent members of REIA in my local area with similar issues. So much so, that I’ve half-joked to friends that, if I don’t make it in Real Estate, I could always become a personal trainer, and advertise at REIA meetings. Of course, when something like this happens though, it isn’t funny at all. I honestly think this is starting to become a more prevalent problem within our little world, more so than we’d care to admit. Please folks, take good care of yourselves - after all, the whole reason any of us are here is to improve the quality of our lives, and that means much more than just money.

I sincerely hope Randy pulls ok through this, I greatly respect the whole “ABC” team from Indy. It is my further hope that, if any good comes from this, it will be in the form of a warning to take better care of ourselves. All the money in the world won’t help if you’re not here to enjoy it.

Re: Randy & Charlie - bad news - Posted by Bob In Indy

Posted by Bob In Indy on October 23, 2003 at 10:22:38:

Hi,
Thanks for all the prayers.
Just talked with Charlie. Randy is stable…although still in critical care.
Although he’s not out of the woods, I heard that he was asking for his cell phone and laptop computer…sure signs that he’s returning to his usual state!!
Charlie is also sounding much better, since this was affecting her greatly.
As most of you know, they’re really a strong team.
If things continue to progress, they hope to return to Indy in 3 or 4 days, depending on Randy’s continued improvement.
Thanks again for your prayers…they’re working.
Bob Meister

Re: Randy & Charlie - bad news - Posted by RichV(FL)

Posted by RichV(FL) on October 23, 2003 at 05:34:30:

Steve,

Thank you for the information. They are good people. We are pulling for them over here.

If you here anything further please keep us updated.

Regards,

RichV(FL)

Re: Randy & Charlie - bad news - Posted by Stewart

Posted by Stewart on October 23, 2003 at 24:26:04:

Keep us updated as I have really enjoyed and learned from their stuff. I hope he comes through okay, and if he can’t travel that is okay as long as he can talk and move around :slight_smile:

Re: Randy & Charlie - bad news - Posted by Hank FL

Posted by Hank FL on October 23, 2003 at 18:29:54:

I didn’t know about Ernie Kessler, what happened ?

Who in the FL REIA community is having health problems ?

I haven’t been to a meeting in a while.

You can send me a private e-mail for the second question if you think it’s not cool to post it.

hankone@usa.com

Re: Randy & Charlie - bad news - Posted by Hank FL

Posted by Hank FL on October 23, 2003 at 10:52:58:

I wish the best for Charlie and would like to offer an idea.

Look into and perhaps do some research into these low carb diet/lifestyles. The Zone, Atkins, Paleo and heck, even this new South Beach thing is really just the Atkins/Zone in pastels.

This stuff works, even Harvard says so now.

More and more M.D.s are catching on to this stuff every year.

When Charlie recovers, perhaps introduce him to the idea.

Maybe even a M.D. that knows about complementary medicine would be a good/great idea.

Re: Randy & Charlie - bad news - Posted by Rick(MD)

Posted by Rick(MD) on October 24, 2003 at 07:55:19:

Hank,

Ernie Kessler died from a heart attack a few months ago.