Ratio of Deals to Calls Question - Posted by Newbie

Posted by Orbit Rain on September 17, 2004 at 11:29:59:

…big time…HIGHLY recommended…anyone reading this should get their hands on one of his audio programs.

Ratio of Deals to Calls Question - Posted by Newbie

Posted by Newbie on September 16, 2004 at 09:15:38:

How many calls does it take to get one deal? I know that’s an over simplified question. Now when setting up a 2-step marketing approach, are we considering the total number of calls or the number of completed requests for the Free Reports? For example, I have been running an ad for about 2 weeks and have approximately, what I call, a 40% conversion rate. Which means, out of the total number of calls 40% of the people request the Free Report. So assuming it takes 30 calls to get a deal, does that mean 30 Total calls like in a 1 step approach, or does it mean 30 complete request for a free report? 30 request for the Free Reports at a 40% conversion rate is 75 calls. Thank you for your experiences and advice.

Re: Ratio of Deals to Calls Question - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on September 18, 2004 at 10:07:37:

What it takes for you now to get a deal… is not what it will take later…

In the beginning… I tell folks starting out… only one thing is important setting appointments with motivated sellers… or anyone you think might be motivated…

Get your but in front of folks and start learning to talk to them… Start lerning to be a don’t wanter…

In the beginning it’s probably gonna take 30 appointments or more to get a ddal…

So, How bad do you want it…

Why? because, whether you realize it or not… you probably don’t know how to put every deal together…
I’m reflecting… from way back when… I know several houses I coulda bought… just didnt have the courage or where with all and knowledge to put the deals together…

Then all the sudden it’ll come to you…

After awhile… you get where you screen the calls well… and will close a deal 90% of the time you walk into someones house…

Get the leads pouring in… not trickling… pouring… that means at least 30 a month or more… possibly a 100 or so…

From there good things happen…

David Alexander

maximize every call !!! - Posted by tray giddens , Houston

Posted by tray giddens , Houston on September 16, 2004 at 15:23:40:

when someone calls on your advertisenments and you check the numbers and it doesn’t hold investment opportunity for you. what do you do with them and their information?

Yeah, that is an over simplified question, but… - Posted by js-Indianapolis

Posted by js-Indianapolis on September 16, 2004 at 10:39:43:

The short answer is 100 calls or more for one deal.

Free reports don’t do squat. In fact, I’ll suggest they hinder your chances. Someone calls, and they want to talk to YOU. They want YOU to tell them it’s O.K., and YOU are going to solve their problem. You’re selling yourself more than trying to buy a house. I’ll say that again, slowly, for emphasis. You’re selling yourself more than trying to buy a house.

Now, back to how much marketing you need to generate X calls, to get Y deals. You’ll know it when you know it. Increase X until you?re satisfied with Y. It will take a while to see results. It took me nearly 2 years, and I didn’t realize the true RE game until I was on vacation. I took a weekend vacation that turned into 2 weeks, and didn’t do anything with real estate. You know what happened? I sold one house, and finally got shortsale approval on another. Hmmmm…I do nothing, and it works?

Nope. That’s just when I saw a harvest. You see, what you’re doing is planting seeds. You cannot force a crop to come up. Try forcing a deal to happen. HA! Like trying to force a crop. Just get out, and plant those seeds. One day you’ll see a sprout, next day a stalk, and some day you should have a nice harvest. Keep planting, and you can harvest deals all year long.

Hope this makes sense. I’m off now to register my new LLC, “Green Harvest, LLC.” Yes, I believe in it that much. No, the green I refer to is not a plant.

Re: Yeah, that is an over simplified question, but - Posted by js-Indianapolis

Posted by js-Indianapolis on September 16, 2004 at 21:19:52:

Thanks. Now, why did it take two years of trying to force deals? I worked with some big time investors, read everything I could get my hands one, and talk RE with whoever gets within earshot of me. Yet I missed the entire game. It was that light bulb “ah ha!” moment I had that changed my life. and it came in a mall in Dallas. How odd.

Really, changed my life. I’m making more, I’m less stressed, I’m confident as ever, and I’m doing less. How can I bottle this and give it to the newbies? How’s this:

Dude! RELAX! Let it happen.

Maybe get some Dr. Wayne Dyer tapes? He’s the guy who talks about not just wanting things, or setting goals. He talks something along the lines of concentrating on creating the surrounding circumstances where you can get what you want, and what you want you will get. Make sense?

Let it come to you. Just create the circumstances where it can. That’s it.

great analogy js! - Posted by Gary (MO)

Posted by Gary (MO) on September 16, 2004 at 16:32:25:

Common sense is so refreshing!