Re: ad in the paper - Posted by Panos A. (NY)

Posted by Jeffery (La) on July 25, 2003 at 09:39:23:

Mmmmmm…Ouzo… [:slight_smile:

Posted by Panos A. (NY) on July 23, 2003 at 15:46:13:

Hi, I called the Daily News, which has a big real estate section in the classifieds. I cannot afford to run an ad
for $11.26 per day. I was thinking about ruunning the ad just on Sundays ($14.06) but Im not sure if that’s just a waste of money. Should I just look somewhere else?
Thanks

Re: ad in the paper - Posted by GL - ON

Posted by GL - ON on July 23, 2003 at 20:13:48:

Around here the big days for real estate ads are Wednesday and Friday so that’s when I run my ads. They cost around $15 a day, for the daily paper in a town of 15,000.

Go to the library and check out the paper for a week or 2. Find out when the real estate ads run, that’s when people who are looking for a house or apartment buy the paper. Then run an ad on those days.

Here is another funny thing. Often I will run an ad for a week or more with NO response. Then people will call and say “Do you still have that (car, apartment, house) you advertised 2 weeks ago?”

Re: ad in the paper - Posted by Scott

Posted by Scott on July 23, 2003 at 19:24:12:

$11.26 a day? What kind of add are you running? FSBOs in my paper are $55.00 a day! Rentals are 57.00 for three days…Don’t complain too loud.

Re: ad in the paper - Posted by Brent Leach

Posted by Brent Leach on July 23, 2003 at 22:36:45:

Good Grief! Here I can put a FSBO for $16 bucks for 4 weeks, a " We Buy Houses " $20 bucks for 5 weeks. Those prices you just listed are high, imo.

Brent

Posted by Panos A. (NY) on July 23, 2003 at 20:04:53:

Thank you so much for your responce Scott but, see, the question wasn’t about how much YOU are paying and tha question was, well, it was a question, NOT a complaint and I really don’t think it was that loud.
Maybe next time you should try and understand the question before you reply with that kind of an attitude.
Thanks anyway

Re: ad in the paper - Posted by jorge

Posted by jorge on July 24, 2003 at 24:10:54:

I think like anything… it depends on where you are…Here in Albuquerque, NM you get 3 lines for $14 Per day. WHich is not alot of words. So you are easily paying $ bucks or more. And if you are broke… 20 bucks per day seems like a lot… when we all get to be big timers… 20 bucks will seem… like 20 cents… :slight_smile:

But what do I know… im still learning…

jorge

Re: ad in the paper - Posted by Scott

Posted by Scott on July 25, 2003 at 07:59:47:

Hi, I called the Daily News, which has a big real estate section in the classifieds. I cannot afford to run an ad
for $11.26 per day. I was thinking about ruunning the ad just on Sundays ($14.06) but Im not sure if that’s just a waste of money. Should I just look somewhere else?
Thanks

Well…Sorry I offended you. I think I understood the question quite well, and answered it the best I could. I stated what I pay and asked you a question,“What kind of ads are you running?” in order to try to help you out, as I felt a little more info might be helpful. Of course I’ve gotten no answer from you. Just an attack because you felt I had an attitude? Please read your original post again, then my post and maybe it will be a little easier to understand now. Also, I stated what the rates are in my area because I was under the assumption this is a FORUM where information is TRADED, and not just a Q&A session, and since you are not the only person who will read the responses to you post, the info was not intended for you ONLY. Obviously you don’t understand sarcasm either…“don’t complain to loud” as in “so they don’t hear you and up the rates!” You may also try to be a little more appreciative and a little less sensitive when someone responds to your post!

Sounds like your funds are limited and you are new to REI, I was just trying to say it can be worse. RELAX AND HAVE A SOME OUZO!!

Posted by Panos A. (NY) on July 27, 2003 at 03:20:06:

I guess you’re right. Sorry about that.
No hard feelings :slight_smile:

PS.
Can’t have ouzo without tomato, olives, grilled sausage
and feta cheese. now that’s a treat!!!