Re: CS program Help - Posted by cjvandorn

Posted by Jim Kennedy on April 11, 1999 at 08:01:57:

Check out two local real estate investment clubs:

RICH - Realty Investment Club of Houston
(713) 947-RICH(7424)
Meets at 8:30am - 12 noon on the first Saturday of the month.

Wealth Builders of Houston
(713) 903-7777
Meets at 6:30pm - 9:00pm on the third Thursday of the month at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, 2222 West Loop South.

Feel free to e-mail me or call me at (281) 398-0505 and I would be happy to answer any questions you may have about either of these two organizations.

Jim Kennedy,
Houston, TX

Re: CS program Help - Posted by cjvandorn

Posted by cjvandorn on April 07, 1999 at 20:58:32:

Hello anyone:
My wife and I would like to purchase the CS program,
but have a few questions.

1. We have less than 1000 to put down.
    and we both have bad credit. (We are living in Detroit
    with her mother)

2. Our VW Jetta car was almost repo (but we borrowed the money from her student loan),but our credit is shot.

3. What to do? My wife has 10 years of marketing and will
    graduate from Eastern Michigan Univ. in 1 year in International Business. So we are both full time students
    and have the time. Her major is Language and World Business
    mine is Pre-Med- Genetics

4. But, does it work??? We are not crooks or evil people
    just our jobs did not pay enough. We are honest people
    and feel bad that our credit is not the greatest. But, I would like to provide a home to my wife, something that she and I wish very much. We like other people have just had a rough life. We don’t do drugs, or drink. We don’t have wild parties, because we are 34, and 36. We mostly study for our classes. And garden. We love gardens.
    We just got married on Sept. 5, 1998 so we just want some honest truth.Thank you,
    Sincerely, Mr. and Mrs. Vandorn

Not CS program - Posted by Investor505

Posted by Investor505 on April 10, 1999 at 01:25:22:

I bought the CS program back in December. I studied it. I think that it has some really good stuff in it. You will learn from it, no doubt. BUT…I felt that it was not specialized enough in areas that I had an interest in. I have since bought LeGrand’s book (cheap), and several of Bill Bronchick’s courses. I like them and highly suggest them over CS. By the way, I am graduating soon from school myself.

My suggestions:

1. Read all the howto articles on this site, as well as the succes stories.

2. Ron LeGrand’s “Fast Cash with quick turn real estate”. Amazon.com for $11.96

Another cheap book, but also very good, is Lonnie Scruggs’ “Deals on Wheels”. Available on this site.

1. Any one of Bronchick’s courses (Lease options workshop) or Ron Legrand’s courses. I have Bronchick’s, have heard great stuff about LeGrand and plan to buy his stuff sometime. They are more expensive than CS, but well worth it. Available on this site.

I may not be a guru, but I can offer my opinion. Just do what is best for you, and don’t over extend yourself financially. Once you get a deal under your belt, then you can go buy all the other courses you want. Start small and you won’t regret it.

Take this for what it is worth. Good luck and stick with it. Just when you think it will not work, something will fall in your lap.

Re: CS program Help - Posted by CarolFL

Posted by CarolFL on April 09, 1999 at 18:47:49:

Guys, let me say that the best thing that the sheets material did for us was to start us looking for CREATIVE SOLUTIONS to problems, not at the problems… and what I read in your post is a long list of what you consider to be problems - of sorts. So, if nothing else, get ahold of the stuff from Carleton second hand.

Yes, I think LeGrand’s book is Grand. I also would suggest you spend $12 on Rich Dad, Poor Dad… a mind changing book by R. Kiyosaki.

But down whoever’s path you choose to start, give it the attention it merits. And start right now becoming familiar with your real estate market… look at ads, for sales and rentals, in your area. Call on a few and pretend you are a buyer (it costs nothing). Feel a bit foolish. Start asking questions. Pick up a few of the REI books at the used bookstore. Something.

My hubby used to be dean of students at a college nearby, and when he spoke to adults who were contemplating getting / finishing their degree, and they would say “but at night it will take me 5 years!” his response was to ask them what they’ll be doing 5 yrs from now if the DONT finish it.

I tend to get all intense about this stuff… but I wish someone had suggested to me that I start at 3, not at 49! We would be financially independent long ago. As it is, it will take us another couple of years, no doubt…

Oh well, if we HADN’T gotten started when we did, where would we be today…?

Happy hunting!
Carol

Re: CS program Help - Posted by steven

Posted by steven on April 08, 1999 at 23:12:10:

the courses sold on this sight are much better than sheets course. Try Ron Legrands course or lonnie Scruggs. Also if you are just thinking about getting involved in Real Estate investing and your funds are limited than you might want to try a book by Ron Legrand for sale at amazon.com for about $14 . You will find it is full of all kinds of ways to make money in Real Estate. Good luck.

Re: CS program Help - Posted by Nadine

Posted by Nadine on April 07, 1999 at 21:57:01:

Mr. & Mrs. Vandorn:

My husband and I (just married 6 months ago)purchased the CS program in December, started, then sat on it. But, again we are back to it 100% this time. The program offers many aspects of buying real estate; but it also offers ways to build credit… So far, I think the program is a very interesting learning tool… And I will be able to use it in my benefit. If I work it. And hey, if you do purchase it, there is a 30-day money back guarantee. But remember, like any other business, it is something that requires your time and your effort.
Good luck.

Re: CS program Help - Posted by connie houston

Posted by connie houston on April 10, 1999 at 10:36:22:

I have looked up several messages on this board, most have just buoght the course and are thinking about beginning. Where can I find “real” people to meet that are successful?