RE education coming out my ears, and lint in my pockets, PLS HELP! - Posted by Charlie Kennedy

Posted by David S on March 30, 1999 at 07:40:34:

Charlie, sorry to hear business is so slow. 29 million in retail sales sounds like a ton of commissions, but if that’s all you have sold your agents aren’t making any money in your firm. If the (large) firm has only 10 agents and the avg (split) commission were to be as high as 5%, your avg agent only made 72,500 per year over the past 2 yrs. I would think many are co-broker deals with commissions as low as zip which brings that average down considerably.

Knowledge without action is worthless. I can’t imagine that in the past 2 yrs you haven’t seen a deal that just ‘rocked your world’. Perhaps your agents aren’t trained to seek out the truly ‘motivated sellers’ for if they were, you would have seen deals that you just could not turn down.

Since I don’t know your area, I would suggest that you start somewhere, anywhere, just start today. With all of your knowledge, you must have some idea of which area of the business is of most interest to you. Jump in and get started. You should have the advantage of knowing the lenders and their pitfalls so financing shouldn’t be too much trouble.

Good Luck! David S

RE education coming out my ears, and lint in my pockets, PLS HELP! - Posted by Charlie Kennedy

Posted by Charlie Kennedy on March 30, 1999 at 02:20:00:

I am a millionaire without the money! I’ve read a zillion RE books and been to a zillion seminars. I am a licenced RE sales manager at a fairly large commercial investment Real Estate firm in Southern California. I have taken CCIM courses and have helped my junior agents to list and close over $ 29,000,000 Million in income property in the last 2 years, which includes Apartments, shopping centers, office buildings, Hotels, and a few recreational properties. I am 31 years old and with as much knowledge as I have gained over the years I am embarassed to say I have never bought any investment property myself! I have been dieing to become a full time investor myself and can’t seem to get off the dime, I feel like an education junkie. All these authors are getting rich off me. Now I am at the point that I feel I know so much, I don’t know where to start. Apartments, syndication, partnerships, property management, single family, Lease Options, Forclosures, fixers, buying paper, flipping… Is there anyone out

You need to read the Baltimore Bird Dog post above! - Posted by Michael Murray

Posted by Michael Murray on March 30, 1999 at 20:01:30:

Charlie,
The Bird Dog gives some very inspiring advice above.See
http://www.creonline.com/wwwboard/messages/17680.html
Good Luck,
Michael

Re: RE education coming out my ears, and lint in my pockets, PLS HELP! - Posted by mike

Posted by mike on March 30, 1999 at 16:22:39:

instead of commission, take a piece of the action. do enough of those and you can swap around to get one of your own. start small. learn… let your support family learn. every journey has a first step, hey