Re Investing in NJ - Posted by Ted

Posted by Mark on May 07, 2000 at 09:19:36:

Ted, personally, I’ve never really liked dealing with real estate agents. But that’s not to say you should’nt. It’s all a matter of taste, and personality. I would rathet just deal with the homeowner. I don’t have the patience it takes for dealing with the realtors.As far as advertising goes., You have to approach it as a “component” of the business. I advertise in small local papers(Ocean County) and until recently, I was getting maybe 1-2 calls a week. Now I’m getting 5-7 a week and in the past 2 weeks I’ve gotten 2 deals from that litlle ad. So what I’m suggesting is use your little local papers, since they are cheap, and over time you will get the calls. Thats’ really all I do is run the ads. I use to send letters, postcards, reports, but that was time consuming. You just need to find your “groove” and focus on that. E-mail me if you ever need any thing.

Re Investing in NJ - Posted by Ted

Posted by Ted on May 07, 2000 at 09:07:02:

Hello fellow investors, I’m relativly new to the real estate business. I’ve been running ads, and sending letters and postcards to vacant houses , out of state owners,and putting flyers in the local Grand Union. I get a few calls here and there, but they seem to be just curious. I’m thinking of starting to look for some Realtors who might want to work with me. Any suggestions? Any fellow New Jersey Investors having the same dismal results with thier advertising? Anyone succesfully working with a Real Estate agents? Thanks for any feedback .

P.S. I live in Totowa if there is anyone local.
Ted Kinkade