Re: Russ Whitney Internet Seminar - Posted by Lyn Moates

Posted by Lyn on March 23, 2001 at 19:10:42:

Re: Russ Whitney Internet Seminar is where this started 3-1-2001
then it’s continues at the top or your post someone was joking about mike wallace you have to follow the whole think

Re: Russ Whitney Internet Seminar - Posted by Lyn Moates

Posted by Lyn Moates on March 21, 2001 at 21:00:49:

Reference:3/16/01
For those of you that have or haven?t been following along.

Russ,
Why are you trying to make me out to be bad guy?

Niceness did not help my situation. Believe me I called faxed and emailed for months in a civil manner.
I might add. The nastiness only began after 6 month of correspondence with various representatives at WIS they all addressed my multitude of problems the same way: ?it work it?s just not working for you? and either ? I?ll get someone to get back to you? or ?I?ll make some calls get this worked out and get back to you.? Needless to say they haven?t!

Oh contra: I did call John Kane back the same I got his voicemail no reply to my message 5 days ago.

Sears, Penny?s, Macy’s, Auto Zone, etc. have a storefront. I would go into the establishment speak to a manager and come to a workable compromise.
For internet companies emails or phone calls to customer service has always resolved the issues I?ve had until now. If this had been the case with WIS this ? Silly fashion & Nastiness? would never have occurred.

You asked: If your customer service issue is valid, why aren’t you working with us directly? Seems suspect.

I have, I?ve explained to them in great detail over several months I could have only been more direct by visiting Cape Coral. I can?t tell you why your customer service didn?t consult with you in the beginning or at least before it reached to a heated confrontation. There are your suspects.

So here again I am made out to look like the bad guy! Before giving me the benefit of the doubt I would greatly appreciate you fully investigating this whole situation from the beginning. If you do there would be no doubt.

So now that you?ve heard the other side you can make a fair evaluation of the situation.
I will give you the absolute benefit of the doubt that you were unaware of the way I was being treated by WIS customer service.

I?m looking forward to your customer service handling this issue with the utmost courtesy and professionalism. That would greatly be appreciated.

I am merely addressing the manner in which the Russ Whitney Group, Inc has shuffled me since August 2000 through the bureaucracy.
Please accept my apologies if you assumed these renditions of facts were directed at you personally!

Sincerely,
Lyn Moates

Re: Russ Whitney Internet Seminar - Posted by jack

Posted by jack on March 23, 2001 at 08:36:57:

You were lucky. This is an email I got from a guy I ran into on the web. He is an actual Russ Whitney “student” Russ confirmed it himself.

We were not suprised that it was simply a pitch for another, more expensive seminar. However we were shocked by the price ($1600)! We talked it over during the break and decided to attend. Here is a breakdown of the proceedings day by day.

Day 1

The morning was spent ?helping? people learn how to raise their credit limits and lower the interest rates on their credit cards. The excitement was fueled through the use of a game in which the person with the highest point total at the end of the seminar would win an “exclusive package” of books and tapes from WIN Systems.
After lunch we were given a packet of papers that was 90% motivational and 10% possibly factual. The only thing of note in the packet was an article that claimed to tell you how to beat the due-on-sale clause. The instructor continued with more vague techniques.

Day 2

Today was the day we got “back-ended”. Again we recieved another useless packet. Just before lunch we were given a printed glossy catalogue listing all the “boot-camps” and services that were alos offered. We started to worry when we saw that there were no prices anywhere inside. When we got back from lunch they hit us with the prices…anywhere from $7490.00 to $43,260.00 (or $6490.00 to $28,390.00 if you took advantage of the ?seminar discount?). We were angry, to say the least. When we got home that night I started doing some research on the web. That is how I found your page.

Day 3

We didn’t learn much on this day. We were still mad about being given the run-around and mad at ourselves for having been taken in to begin with. We were just sick as we watched people file to the back of the room and sign up for the high priced classes. Most of them payed with their credit cards. Now we knew why we were encouraged to get our limits raised. We stayed through to the end since we had already paid (been fleeced). On the plus side we did meet some other investors who felt the same as we did about the weekend. We keep in touch and encourage each other.

Also, there was a software package that was offered at the seminar. It was GARBAGE! It contained nothing that could not be found at a good office supply store for 1/10 of the price. (they wanted $1995.00 + tax) The instructor, a fellow named Patrick J. Hutton, claimed that ?WIN Systems had spent alot of money to make sure that these documents were legal in all 50 states.? Nowhere in the shoddy three-ring binder that was supposed to pass for documentation, was that claim printed.

Re: Russ Whitney Internet Seminar - Posted by Brandi S

Posted by Brandi S on March 22, 2001 at 11:21:25:

Lyn,

Wanted to be sure you saw our answer to your post, since it is in my department. Someone put a post in between.Re: Russ Whitney Internet Seminar

Lyn,

My apology if that is the case. However, please be aware that we do get many erronious posts with regard to such things. Sometimes it is hard to tell.

Generally it would not be our policy to address such things on a bulletin board because of this type of thing.

It is my understanding that you are working with our customer service department at this time to resolve the issue in an amicable fashion, as is our general policy.

Again, my apology if the error was ours. It is always our policy to dilegently work with any valid customer issue in an expeditious and professional manner

Russ Whitney

Lyn: We’re following along - Posted by Frank Chin

Posted by Frank Chin on March 22, 2001 at 09:10:44:

Lyn, we’re all rooting for you to have the situation straigtened out.

Russ’ responses so far reminds me of “60 Minutes” where Mike Wallace confronts his prey and they stammer, run, and then hide.

Now that Russ is back from vacation, he can press a few buttons, and show us all that his customers get a fair shake.

Re: Russ Whitney Internet Seminar - Posted by Russ Whitney

Posted by Russ Whitney on March 21, 2001 at 21:43:50:

Lyn,

My apology if that is the case. However, please be aware that we do get many erronious posts with regard to such things. Sometimes it is hard to tell.

Generally it would not be our policy to address such things on a bulletin board because of this type of thing.

It is my understanding that you are working with our customer service department at this time to resolve the issue in an amicable fashion, as is our general policy.

Again, my apology if the error was ours. It is always our policy to dilegently work with any valid customer issue in an expeditious and professional manner

Russ Whitney

Re: Russ Whitney Internet Seminar - Posted by dave gilmoure

Posted by dave gilmoure on March 23, 2001 at 19:02:25:

which course
JenM may be jumping a head… or two

Re: Russ Whitney Internet Seminar - Posted by JenM

Posted by JenM on March 23, 2001 at 08:59:58:

We respectfully disagree with the assessmant of the Whitney Real Estate Software System. This software has been rated as the best software system available for beginning and intermediate investors.

Comparable software with many less features sells for 4 times the cost of the Russ Witney Real Estate System.

This software in updated versions, yearly,has been selling worldwide since 1985.

JenM

Russ Whitney Business Consultant

Re: Russ Whitney Internet Seminar - Posted by Lyn

Posted by Lyn on March 22, 2001 at 13:14:31:

Thanks Brandi,
I did, I’m sorry it has gone this far and for so long and gotten this nasty . That by no means was my
intention. Just the normal channels of customer service, as you can read came to a dead-end. As a
last chance or happenstance I did a search on Russ Whitney and creonline came up. So be
assured I didn’t start at the top I just ended up here. I don’t condone this type behavior, I’m guilty
of it myself, but please understand the rocky, thorny path I’d taken, so by the time I arrived here
you were hearing from a beaten and batter self.

I am the president of a corproation I understand business. In reality I’m really not a bad
guy and by enlarge easy to work with and for so say my employees.
The way I treat my customers is far different than the way I was treated initially in my contacts
with WIS customer service.
Sincerley,
Lyn

Re: Lyn: We’re following along - Posted by JenM- Business Cons. Dept

Posted by JenM- Business Cons. Dept on March 22, 2001 at 11:14:52:

Frank,

Is there some reason why you feel that name calling is an appropriate response to things in life that are confrontational.

I have seen your posts and you seem intelligent and knowledgeable about real estate. I see you live in NY and are about to retire somewhere nice.

Why at this stage in life is the nanny, nanny, boo, boo approach necessary.

We are a professional organization and we strive very hard to do a good job in every aspect of the Russ Whitney businesses. Many of us are very dedicated to what we do. When you attack so personally, you attack many people, not just Russ.

I do not know why you have such animosity. Please watch with a fair eye and evaluate both sides of a story.

Do you have some pesonal experience that causes you to comment so negatively on us? If so, I’d sure like to know what we have done to make you say such things.

Respectfully,

JenniferM
Russ Whitney Business Consultant

Re: Russ Whitney Internet Seminar - Posted by Jeff T.

Posted by Jeff T. on March 23, 2001 at 11:09:09:

Russ, everytime someone posts a negative comment about your programs, you RUN (not walk) to check your data base to see if they actually purchased something from you. You refute those false posts within hours. I know because you checked me out after I posted a less than glowing post about your seminar. And yes, you discovered that I was there!

Don’t hand us this “Gee, I didn’t know” stuff. We are smarter than that.

Why not just refund and be done? - Posted by Blane (MI)

Posted by Blane (MI) on March 22, 2001 at 16:53:57:

Many companies do exactly that. They’ve gone round and round with customers, the issue is unresolved, so they just refund to make the customer happy. Yet another glorious opportunity here to show you mean what you say. Lyn took a chance with you, why can’t you take a chance with Lyn?

Re: Russ Whitney Internet Seminar - Posted by JPiper

Posted by JPiper on March 23, 2001 at 10:52:38:

JenM:

I went to the Russ Whitney site, looked over the description of the software. Price looks to be $2500, less $200 discount.

I would be interested in knowing ONE example of “comparable software with many less features” that sells for $10K.

Frankly, I don’t believe it exists…but I’ll wait for you to provide me the example. I thought your software looked quite pricey for what it does. But perhaps you could tell me what makes this software worth $2500.

JPiper

Re: Russ Whitney Internet Seminar - Posted by Mark (SDCA)

Posted by Mark (SDCA) on March 23, 2001 at 10:43:48:

$8000?? Could you give us some quotes on “comparable software” ie name, publisher at least, a web site if you have it.

Thanks,

Mark

Re: Lyn: We’re following along - Posted by Mark (SDCA)

Posted by Mark (SDCA) on March 23, 2001 at 10:46:48:

What post were you responding to?? What names did he use?? Russ, you mean?? Or was it Mike Wallace that bothered you?? I am a little confused.

Mark

Re: Lyn: We’re following along - Posted by jplam

Posted by jplam on March 22, 2001 at 13:19:26:

I am glad Frank is keeping his eye on the results. We want to ensure those who say they will return their customers money when not satisfied with their product, actually do!. As far as I have seen (granted, I have only seen what has been posted on this board), Lyn has only been given the ‘run-around’ which, I might add, the Russ Whitney People seem to excell at! As I see this, it is not as you say the … “nanny, nanny, boo, boo approach.” This is letting Lyn know she has people behind her rooting for her. As far as “Do you have some pesonal experience that causes you to comment so negatively on us? If so, I’d sure like to know what we have done to make you say such things.” I think you know all about the ridiculous postings which were coming from the “webmaster@russwhitney.com” people a week or two ago. There was enough animosity built up from THAT exchange to last me a lifetime!

John Plam

Re: Russ Whitney Internet Seminar - Posted by JPiper

Posted by JPiper on March 23, 2001 at 10:55:03:

Hey Mark:

Didn’t see your post there. By the way, evidently the software is now selling for $2500. So we’re looking for some $10K software. Sorry for duplicating your post.

JPiper