Re-Title Mobile Home

If I purchase a doublewide on land for cash and would like to sell the doublewide and rent the lot to the owner, I would need to re-title the mobile home and change it from real property back to personal property. In North Carolina, is this possible and how much of an issue is it ?


I believe your plan is correct, but don’t live in NC so I am not sure on the hassle factor. Recommend you double check with a local attorney.