Reading and Understanding Credit Reports? - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by Frank Chin on January 21, 2001 at 08:26:41:

I believe you can call the credit bureau or screening service, explain you’re a newbie at this, and someone can explain it to you. We pull credit reports on all of tenants on and off for 20 years, and we occasionally run into something new which we need to call on. They usually explain it.

We called one time, and they thought we were a newbie, and they explained it to us in detail. Thats how we know they do it.

And I’m a guy who started my carrer 30 years ago out of college in consumer credit reading credit reports.

If you get the run-around, email me offline with specific questions “SChinFChin@aol.com” However, your service can better explain the particulars of a given report confidentially.

Reading and Understanding Credit Reports? - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by Carey_PA on January 20, 2001 at 21:53:34:

I just printed out my first credit report today and well I don’t understand what most of it means. I was wondering if anybody had a printout or something as far as “how to read and understand a credit report?”

Thanks,

CAREY

A Helpful WEBsite - Posted by Frank Chin

Posted by Frank Chin on January 21, 2001 at 09:16:06:

A helpful WEB site:

https://www.econsumer.equifax.com/webapp/ConsumerProducts/PageFrameServlet?payloadName=pgFAQCredit.jsp#1