READING IS FUNDAMENTAL...OR IS IT??? - Posted by Pavon Bailey

Posted by Chris on January 30, 2000 at 14:44:00:

RR-

Please provide a recommended RE reading list with the special order titles noted.

-Thanks,Chris

READING IS FUNDAMENTAL…OR IS IT??? - Posted by Pavon Bailey

Posted by Pavon Bailey on January 30, 2000 at 10:02:50:

Fellow investors!!!

I just purchased two books at Barnes and Noble last night. I want to know your opinions on these two books. They both look like very interesting and informative books on real estate investing. The two books are 1) FAST CASH W/ QUCK TURN REAL ESTATE by RON LEGRAND and 2) MCGRAW/HILL 36 HOUR REAL ESTATE INVESTING COURSE. Thanks for your input.

Pavon

PS: I still have the receipts for these two books so I can return them if they are not good! smiles Have a nice day!!

Trust Your Own Judgment - Posted by J.P. Vaughan

Posted by J.P. Vaughan on January 30, 2000 at 21:15:37:

Pavon,

Trust your own judgment. So may beginners ask these same
questions. Does the book have the “ring of truth”? If
it does, you’re on to something good. If it doesn’t, move on.

JP

Re: READING IS FUNDAMENTAL…OR IS IT??? - Posted by Earnest

Posted by Earnest on January 30, 2000 at 14:18:25:

I see you bought the books first and then asking questions. OK, books don’t cost thousands, but I hope you ask questions and find answers before buying property. Just my 2 cents.

books & experience are better value than courses - Posted by RR Smith

Posted by RR Smith on January 30, 2000 at 11:42:38:

The McGraw Hill is a piece of mard that is not even worth reviewing and a total waste of money, I have returned much better books to Amazon simply because they were not a good value (very few “new” ideas in the book). The LeGrand book is very very basic and is not in my library either (but I am quickly becoming a LeGrand backer). The best way to shop for books is read the posts here and go to Amazon or Barnes & Nobles site and read the reviews. In a few months you will be at the stage where you will have to special order your REI books anyway…