Reading - Posted by Dennis

Posted by Dennis on March 17, 2000 at 16:39:11:

Believe me,I have thought long and hard about this.I have found out in the last year or 2 I no longer feel like dealing with my employer.I feel like it is time to do things for myself.Having never done so,until now I think I will be able to do this.I am terminally honest,but I have experience in negotiations(having beeen a vice-president and president of a union) and I really feel like i do have a talent for it.I extremely enjoy talking and making deals.So,I do think I can do this,just have to work on knowledge now…and I do know for a fact that i pick things up very quickly.

Reading - Posted by Dennis

Posted by Dennis on March 16, 2000 at 16:52:52:

I was just reading the post on patience.I am not in that situation at the current time.My salary is twice the minimum 5 figure salary you can get.I currently plan on getting Lonnie’s course on mobile homes next week,and plan on starting little at first.I do not plan on jumping full time on this until I get more than what I currently make.But seeing as how i have been here,and know of some deals that were already made,I am confident I will be able to do this(part-time).Thanks for all the messages I have seen here…it is keeping me going.

Re: Reading - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on March 17, 2000 at 11:29:02:

Dennis,

I also enjoyed reading the thread on patience. I could throw out that you will be in that situation in the future. But for now I would suggest digesting books like Millionaire Next Door and Rich Dad, Poor Dad. Real estate is not for everyone to make a business of. I have recently seen the commecials for jobs.com. Their slant is to love the job you’re doing and go through them to get it. There is a different mindset required working for yourself versus the corporate world. Not everyone is suited for it. What I hope you do get from first reading is the mindset that it is unlikely to make it working for someone else. Living on less than you make is all important. Rather you learn to love investing in RE or not you learn to live for you. Making RE investments properly will make you good returns. So can properly investing in mutual funds, or stocks. Your own business does not have to be real estate. Many of those here it is their business and generates that cash to be used to invest. If you are in the position you are you practice planning. Be sure you plan your financial future to determine how much you like RE investing.

There’s an advantage… - Posted by George(OH)

Posted by George(OH) on March 16, 2000 at 18:22:04:

…to not having a “high” salary - you won’t need to do too many deals to match your J.O.B. salary (laugh). (see my post below)

Best of luck,

George (OH)