Real Estate Agent - Posted by Rebecca E.

Posted by Mark-NC on April 19, 2000 at 03:21:13:

Rebecca,
While many people think having having a Real estate license can help as an investor, for many it would be a down fall. The number one reason would be as an agent you are required to disclose the fact that you are an agent and you are supposed to disclose the facts of your deals. For one example if you are flipping properties this may be a problem. This is just to name a few.

As a realtor you do have the advantage of access to the MLS system but to me thats no big advantage. All you have to do is find a good realtor to work with and they will provide this information for you.

I work with a realtor that does a good job for me he is very aggressive. But when we go to closing and I walk away with a check from a flip his commission check is usually less than an 1/8 of what mine is. He always just shakes his head and says, I need to get rid of my license so I can do what you are doing.

So I would say If you want to become an Real Estate agent because you like it go for it. But if you want to become one to help you as an investor I would think twice about it.

I think you will find that a few of the seasoned investors on this board had their license at one time but gave it up becuase of some of the issues that restrict them as an investor.

Just my 2 cents

Mark

Real Estate Agent - Posted by Rebecca E.

Posted by Rebecca E. on April 19, 2000 at 01:41:04:

As an investor,what are the advantages and disadvantages of being an Real Estate Agent?