Real Estate and Pro Wrestling Marketing - Posted by Tim Jensen

Posted by Tim Jensen on January 30, 2002 at 07:57:36:

Gerald,

Thank You!

I am so glad that you took the time to tell me. I did not know that the words smackdown could be trademarked. At any rate, I will just say something like: TIRED OF WRESTLING WITH YOUR HOME?

Thanks Again,
Tim

Real Estate and Pro Wrestling Marketing - Posted by Tim Jensen

Posted by Tim Jensen on January 28, 2002 at 23:09:21:

Hi All,

I just had an idea. Now, I am going to a TV taping of a wrestling event (Smackdown). Now, for any of you who happen to share my guilty pleasure, pro wrestling, you know that a lot of fans hold up signs.

It got me thinking, why not stand out in front of the arena and hand out small neon signs to the fans going in. On the front you could have in large letters a wrestlers name or a catch phrase. For Example, “The Rock”, “HHH”, “Stone Cold” and/or “What!?”. On the back you could have a small ad saying:

This sign compliments of
WE Buy Homes…CASH Any area/shape 555-1212.

Put the ad on the lower 1/4 of the sign or something like that. Now, I would not pass them out inside the arena, just outside. I was considering passing out like 1000. The cost would be under $40.

So, lets hear some input.

Tim

PS- I am not worried about the police or the arena. For one the signs will be passed outside. Second, the cops have better things to do. If that is going to be your comment please don’t respond.

Got signs on your car? - Posted by Rosie_FL

Posted by Rosie_FL on January 29, 2002 at 10:12:38:

I wish I’d thought of that.

Don’t forget to park your car next to the exit if you have signs on it because people will be forced to stare at it in the resulting traffic jam.

I tried holding up my We Buy Houses sign and it got on TV for about .5 seconds, when viewed in slow mo.

Re: Real Estate and Pro Wrestling Marketing - Posted by The Baze

Posted by The Baze on January 29, 2002 at 09:26:47:

Alright, I’m not the only one who enjoys watching The Rock lay the smackdown on Kurt Angle’s candy a$$.

Re: Real Estate and Pro Wrestling Marketing - Posted by JD

Posted by JD on January 29, 2002 at 09:10:38:

“We buy Mobile Homes” would probably be more effective. :slight_smile:

Re: Real Estate and Pro Wrestling Marketing - Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA)

Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA) on January 29, 2002 at 24:18:54:

Your home giving you the
SMACK DOWN!!!

Sell it to me, call
(xxx) xxx-xxxx

Re: Real Estate and Pro Wrestling Marketing - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on January 29, 2002 at 24:04:26:

Tim Jensen----------

I tried that 12 different times. Passed out over 2000 signs. Did not get a single buy from it. I suggest you forget it.

--JOKE ALERT-----JOKE ALERT-----*

Opps, sorry. I must have been thinking of some other marketing program.

Seriously, I doubt that anybody has tried that and I doubt if anybody could guess whether it would work or not. If it does not take too much time and money, you might want to give it a try and see. At least you would be putting the “creative” into CRE.

My guess is that for that amount of money you could get the message out to more people, such as advertising in the free throw-away classified papers. But, I can envision you hitting somebody just as they are about to sell a property or they might know somebody who is going to do so.

You might want to have some boards with the front blank and loan people markers so they can make up their own messages. With your’s on the back, of course. When you loan them the markers, keep the tops/caps in your pocket–you’ll get more back. In fact, it might be better to do the blank ones only. Otherwise you may have messages people do not want and so won’t take your cards.

Good Investing and Good Thinking**Ron Starr

Re: Real Estate and Pro Wrestling Marketing - Posted by bob

Posted by bob on January 29, 2002 at 14:36:11:

Are U making a political statement JD or do U just like doin “Lonnie Deals”???

LMFAO

Re: Real Estate and Pro Wrestling Marketing - Posted by Tim Jensen

Posted by Tim Jensen on January 29, 2002 at 08:00:43:

Tim,

I really like that.

I think I will put that on the back!

Thanks,
Tim

Re: Real Estate and Pro Wrestling Marketing - Posted by Glen SoCal

Posted by Glen SoCal on January 29, 2002 at 13:35:28:

I like the idea of giving people the opportunity to make their own signs. They would be more apt to wave them. Also, personalized signs wouldn’t appear too much like an organized marketing ploy for which the Smackdown promoters would love to charge an advertising fee. I also like the touch of keeping the marker caps in your pocket to get more of the markers returned. Very creative, and very practical.

You are a creative man, Mr. Starr.

Re: Real Estate and Pro Wrestling Marketing - Posted by Tim Jensen

Posted by Tim Jensen on January 29, 2002 at 08:07:21:

Ron,

That is a great idea too!

I have about 20 bandit signs in my basement, just sitting there. I could just give out the signs and a marker.

Now, you mentioned that I could get more exposure by running an ad in my local freebie paper. I have tried that will little success. The reason I picked wrestling is because that is my target market, I work the lower to middle range.

I will post the results of my little ad campaign when I am done.

Tim

Re: Real Estate and Pro Wrestling Marketing - Posted by Gerald-DC

Posted by Gerald-DC on January 30, 2002 at 01:38:59:

Tim

Be aware that SMACKDOWN is a registered trademark and based on my experiences as a Trademark Attorney for over 10 years, the WWF is pretty aggressive about enforcing their rights and going after people who use their trademarks without a license agreement.

If you use SMACKDOWN on your sign, they might toss you into the ring or take you out back to the woodshed. LOL.