Real Estate Auctions - Posted by K MCDONALD

Posted by Willie on October 03, 2003 at 19:34:05:

Ron. I see you are continually recommending tax resales in Oklahoma. I understand you have invested there and so have I , but is it the only State in the U.S. that is receptive to tax lien/sale purchases? The economy of Oklahoma compare to the rest of the nation is poor to say the least. It is not the greatest state for potential appreciation also. Other than being from California whose economy and potential is crazy to say the least, why do you keep recommending or at at least touting Oklahoma?

Real Estate Auctions - Posted by K MCDONALD

Posted by K MCDONALD on September 21, 2003 at 17:40:07:

has anyone ever used the following sites to purchase realestate/land
the sites are as follows

www.governmentauction.com if you have used these
what was your experience with the sites ?

Re: Real Estate Auctions - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on September 22, 2003 at 11:31:42:

K McDonald------------

I have not bought from them.

Bid for assets may have some useful sales. They have auctions of delinquent tax properties from counties now. This would be worth checking out if you want to invest in vacant land. However, the prices do tend to get bid up over what they might at a local in-the-room auction. Virtuallly all of the properties will be vacant land, not improved properties.

Governmentauction.com is a site of a person who buys properties from tax sales and from solicitations sent to people who own vacant land. I get solicitations regularly from him. Again, I doubt you will find any improved properties there. The prices may be similar to those for bid4assets.com, I’m not sure. I’d prefer to go out and get the properties the way that he does, were I interested in the types of properties he sells. In fact I do so. I buy at county tax resales in OK.

Have you considered the e-bay real estate listings? There is a “foreclosures” site with lender-owned properties. Most seem to be at market value. However, there might be a chance to get a good deal once in a while. Probably a better source than the MLSs.

Good InvestingRon Starr*****