Real Estate bubble - Posted by Peter-AZ

Posted by Peter-AZ on August 27, 2003 at 13:40:30:

I read “The Art of War” way back in High School and throughout my life experience I have come to believe in the Tsung Soo (probably misspelled) philosophy that where there is chaos there is also opportunity.

Ron Starr, thanks for helping me to remember

Real Estate bubble - Posted by Peter-AZ

Posted by Peter-AZ on August 25, 2003 at 12:22:58:

With mortgage applications sharply dropping and more foreclosures coming on the market. Will this create a glut and stiffle demand. Or am I just reading too much into this.

What is your concern? - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on August 25, 2003 at 21:27:54:

Peter–(AZ)----------------

What is your concern? What might happen that you are worried about? What approach do you take to investing? Long term or quick turnover?

I ask as I feel your question is just too vague for me to offer you good advice or even good thoughts.

Good InvestingRon Starr*****

Re: Real Estate bubble - Posted by eric-fl

Posted by eric-fl on August 25, 2003 at 19:54:49:

You might want to search the archives. This topic has been beat to death around here.

Re: What is your concern? - Posted by Peter-AZ

Posted by Peter-AZ on August 26, 2003 at 12:05:28:

I guess my main concern is that buyers might get harder to find. When I first started I had a heck of a time just finding the deals,later the hardest thing was finding qualified buyers.

I don’t mean to come off as a worry wart, I just wanted to get other peoples opinions.

Re: What is your concern? - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on August 26, 2003 at 23:18:14:

Peter–(AZ)--------------------

Ok. So, it sounds like you are a quick-turnover operator.

I think that you concern that it will be more difficult to find good buyers might be legitimate.

However, I think that the accomanying changes will allow you to thrive. There will be fewer buyers for all sellers. Those who just have to sell will become motivated. Thus, you should be able to buy more bargain and super-bargain deals. This means that you should be able to sell for the low end of the market range. I believe that this will give you the edge in finding the few buyers out there.

I suppose you should be dancing amongst the cactii singing “don’t worry, be happy.”

Good InvestingRon Starr*****