real estate firm want to buy some fixer-uppers.... - Posted by Ann

Posted by ann on September 19, 2003 at 12:15:52:

Okay…I’m in the “other” central Florida!!

I will keep your post, and after I find my first fixer-upper to flip, I will be posting you.

Ann

real estate firm want to buy some fixer-uppers… - Posted by Ann

Posted by Ann on September 17, 2003 at 15:07:48:

and my mom is one of the owners. We are in Central Florida. I would like t find some of those properties first, and then assign them to her office for a quick profit. Of course, everyone in the office thinks I can’t be the middle woman and says,“that’s not how we do it in real estate.” I’m not going to try to get greedy here. They in turn plan to sell them, maybe even keep a few as rentals.

Is this worth having a family fight over? Has anyone out there done this?

ANN

Re: fixer-uppers… - Posted by JeffGinFL

Posted by JeffGinFL on September 18, 2003 at 15:57:26:

Listen to Jim and Phil - they are totally correct. YOU determine how and when you make money, not someone else. If you get fixers at the right price and wholesale them, you will NOT have a shortage of buyers in the Central Fla area. I’m closer to Orlando than you and competion here is VERY stiff. If I wholesale something, I get 40 calls the first day I advertise it, on average. The deals I wholesale never last more than 5 days if I put them in the paper. Make sure you are buying right…I get plenty of people calling me to unload things they bought at the wrong price. Some I can help and some I say good luck to you!

why just one buyer? - Posted by Jim FL

Posted by Jim FL on September 17, 2003 at 17:54:52:

Ann,
Beleive me, if you tie up some fixer uppers, at WAY below value, there will not be a shortage of buyers.
If you can truly get these deals, shop for buyers.
Sure, include Mom’s firm on the faxed info sheet list, and/or drop them a flyer about the houses.
Be clear, if they are good deals, first person with cash gets them.
Who says you can only sell to her.

Don’t sweat it, a good deal, money can always be found.
Buy right, and nothing else matters.

Good luck,
Jim FL

P.S. I’m in central Florida, and never have a problem finding cash buyers to wholesale too.

Re: real estate firm want to buy - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on September 17, 2003 at 15:37:59:

It’s a free country. Why can’t you make a profit from real estate. " that’s not how we do it in real estate." What way do they do it. LOL. And why is their way the only way to do it.

Go out and find all the good deals you can. What they are saying is that they are afraid you will become their competition. I learned a long time ago that competition is nothing to be afraid of. Competion is good. It makes us become better at what we do.

Re: real estate firm want to buy fixer-uppers… - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on September 17, 2003 at 15:27:25:

My thoughts are that your deals are as good as anyone else’s. If your Mom isn’t foregoing purchases that offer greater profit to feed you, I think that getting the other owner’s approval on a case-by-case basis will eliminate concern.

Re: fixer-uppers… - Posted by ann

Posted by ann on September 19, 2003 at 12:18:08:

You make sense to me. Buy right…sell quickly.
Thanks for the message…it really helps right now.

Ann

Re: why just one buyer? - Posted by ann

Posted by ann on September 18, 2003 at 08:57:17:

Hey Jim,

Sounds like you know your stuff. I am cureently lokking at some vacant house with out-of-state owners. I might start with them first. You are rght, there should not be a shortage of buyers if I buy them right.

By the way, I am in Melbourne/Palm Bay, where art thou?

ANN

Re: real estate firm want to buy - Posted by ann

Posted by ann on September 17, 2003 at 15:50:14:

Well said…and thank you! I already have some in mind!!!

Ann

Re: why just one buyer? - Posted by Jim FL

Posted by Jim FL on September 19, 2003 at 04:12:13:

Ann,
Thank you, yes, I’ve been known to buy a house here and there.

I am in the real central Florida area, right smack dab between Orlando and Tampa.
Not a bad place, but the beach keeps calling me.
I prefer the Gulf coast, but only because I know it well.
Soon to be there, if all plans go well.

I’ve actually worked a deal in your area before, with another investor.
Should you get some deals to flip, drop me a line and maybe I can look thru notes to see where we advertised it and sold quickly.

Good luck, and take care,
Jim FL