Real Estate Investing For a Living?? - Posted by Ron

Posted by Ron on September 08, 2003 at 16:55:51:

Thanks for the comments, appreciate them. I have read quite a few of the postings and it is very encouraging.

Real Estate Investing For a Living?? - Posted by Ron

Posted by Ron on September 07, 2003 at 20:58:22:

Hello -

I have seen the Carleton Sheets program many times and have just recently seriously considered buying the course. Probably the main reason is I currently work in Corporate U.S.A and am very unhappy, and hear a new rumor of layoffs almost weekly. Also just married and trying to start a family, and of course the idea of freedom and security is extremely appealing. This may be a stupid question, but is real estate investing something that can truly be done for a living, or is the typical investor someone that makes investments for part time income hoping for a larger return in the future? I guess I am one of those people that see the people in the commercial and it seems almost too good to be true and was hoping people that are active in the business could offer a few thoughts. Thanks for any comments you are willing to share.

Re: Real Estate Investing For a Living?? - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on September 08, 2003 at 24:29:16:

Ron------------

Read the post immediately below yours and my response to it.

Nice first name, by the way.

Good InvestingRon Starr****

Re: Real Estate Investing For a Living?? - Posted by roger

Posted by roger on September 08, 2003 at 24:23:29:

read this site and main group than tommarow tell me (can you make a live in r,e, )

Re: Real Estate Investing For a Living?? - Posted by R.

Posted by R. on September 07, 2003 at 21:42:56:

Ron,

I feel your pain. I also work in Corp America and can’t stand it. I am new to REI but there is money to be made. It is not a get rich career, but a get rich slow. I purchased Carlton and he gives good basic advice. I will be closing on my first deal on Tuesday. We refinanced our home, and used the equity from that to buy a fix and flip piece of property. I would suggest not only Carlton but also buy the book flipping properties by William (Bill) Bronchick. I also purchased Robert Kiyosaki’s Rich Dad Poor Dad it is very inspirational and last but not least continue to read messages on this site and the success stories. You have a lot of talented people right here on these sites that are kind enough to share their knowledge.

Good luck.

R.