Real Estate investor club - Posted by rey

Posted by bmeesh on August 27, 2005 at 22:23:21:

Some clubs are better than others…some are very cliquey and may not be a good fit…beware of too much of that. I joined a club here and in my case, the President is also a Realtor and I feel does not care for the other Realtors in his club. I also found that when I did have a question, I got a 2 word answer via email and nothing creative to go on. The other club I joined was completely different and training based club. Very giving and generous with their time.

Real Estate investor club - Posted by rey

Posted by rey on August 26, 2005 at 12:37:18:

I will be attenting my first Real Estate investor club next month, can you guys tell me a little about these club? Is it worth? How effective are they?

thanks

Investors Business Daily Article about Clubs - Posted by William Bronchick

Posted by William Bronchick on August 28, 2005 at 17:42:12:

http://investors.com/editorial/IBDArticles.asp?artsec=27

ABSOLUTELY!!! - Posted by Caseygump

Posted by Caseygump on August 27, 2005 at 08:33:57:

I live in an major city in the U.S. There are 3-4 Real Estate Investor clubs in my area. I know 2 of them are run buy “shady” people (although the members are probably good people). The one I am a member of is awesome. You have to go and network, network, network. Go even if you are not interested in the speaker. Make your face and name known to all. Volunteer to help with the club. Don’t be shy. Walk up and introduce yourself and ask what other people do. They will love to talk about themselves. You can then sort out the serious, ethical players that you want to align your self with. I now work with a group of these serious investors, and we are in a position to dominate our market. There is no way I could have gotten in this position if I had not found this club. It would be very hard for an individual “newbie” (just like I was) to compete with what we are doing. Good Luck to all.

Re: Real Estate investor club - Posted by RichV(FL)

Posted by RichV(FL) on August 26, 2005 at 15:36:31:

Rey,

It depends on the club. I was a member of one here in FL that I enjoyed. The good clubs get good speakers. I met Jeff Taylor (Mr. Landlord) at my club. I enjoyed listening to him speak and speaking with him later on that evening.

You also have a chance to network with other investors, money lenders, creative RE agents, etc.

Give it a try. I could be a great way for you to make contacts.

RichV(FL)

Re: ABSOLUTELY!!! - Posted by Rey

Posted by Rey on August 27, 2005 at 23:09:28:

thanks for all the replies, I am planing to attand 2 of them next month for the first time -=)
wish me luck

Re: Real Estate investor club - Posted by rey

Posted by rey on August 26, 2005 at 16:46:05:

Thanks for the reply, there are few clubs near where I leave, I guess I should try all them out and see which one is better…

Thanks