Real Estate or Notes? - Posted by Tim Savage

Posted by randy on February 11, 2002 at 17:13:39:

tim,
as a beginner in rei, i can only give you beginner advice. the way i see the answer to your question is this:

landlording responsibilities:
repair a bunch of things at day, night, afternoon, whenever, since you’re on call (and you’re responsible for the building!). deal with finding tenants, destructful tenants, late paying tenants, messy tenants, ect. property problems, property taxes, etc…

can you deal with all that?

now lets look at note investing:
find a note, refer it, make $2000-5000 easy.
buy a note, secured by real estate, collect payments, without the mess and hassle of being a landlord.

now i am not degrading landlording at all, i’m just saying that for me, note investing is the path i’d rather take. but no matter what type of rei you do…knowledge about notes and their mechanics is a must!

hope i helped a bit =)
randy

Real Estate or Notes? - Posted by Tim Savage

Posted by Tim Savage on February 11, 2002 at 10:19:42:

Would you recommend forgetting the LandLord route and focus on note investing or a combination of the two?

Real Estate or Notes? - Posted by Jon Richards

Posted by Jon Richards on February 11, 2002 at 19:36:54:

Tim

I think people who are successful note brokers understand real estate. So continue your education, and learn about financing, notes and Real Estate.

You can buy our book, Calculator Power on this site. It will give you a good start in both Real Estate and Notes.

Jon Richards
Publisher, the NoteWorthy Newsletter
800 487 1864