Real Estate Sales License Affect Me? - Posted by Jay

Posted by Brent_IL on July 19, 2003 at 21:20:11:

Why not disclose? I’ve been licensed a few times in two states. Although I downplayed it, I never noticed that disclosing the license had any effect on negotiations or affected the seller?s opinion of me in any way. Even now, when I tell RE agents that I’m a former licensee, it cuts down on the B.S.

If you plan on stealing from widows and orphans, or the elderly, it might not be a great idea to keep the license.

The big turn-off for me was that I never wanted to do floor time for a broker, and it was harder to play a dumb RE innocent when I was stamping the contracts with disclosure information.

Real Estate Sales License Affect Me? - Posted by Jay

Posted by Jay on July 19, 2003 at 12:55:06:

On a whim, I recently took and passed the Massachusetts Real Estate Salesperson Examination and am now licensed. I am not employed by a broker nor do I plan to pursue that means of employment. However, I do wonder how this affects me on properties I want to buy or sell on my own. Must I disclose to everyone that I have a valid sales license? Thanks.

why not work for broker - Posted by Tray Giddens, Houston

Posted by Tray Giddens, Houston on July 20, 2003 at 09:03:06:

to answer your first question… in texas, you must disclose if you are a licensee…your not going to lose out on anything you are a principal…play it up!!! tell any of your prospects that you are a licensee and know how to make sure the forms are all legal and professional…if they arent interested in letting you purchase their home for 60% of fmv, ask for their listing… hey , why not … if you never ask for business, you’ll never get it!!! sign up with a broker who will let you do your own thing. negotiate your split with him… if you want them to give you clients your gonna pay. if you plan on getting your own clients, you can find a place for $100 per month…