"Realestate Agents! Ahhhhh! - Posted by Fl. Kevin

Posted by Fl. Kevin on March 01, 2002 at 21:29:58:

Carey,
Just makes ya wonder’bout how people do things. Yes, I am in the process of creating cards & posters. Thanks :slight_smile:

"Realestate Agents! Ahhhhh! - Posted by Fl. Kevin

Posted by Fl. Kevin on February 25, 2002 at 20:25:46:

Hey gang,
Just when you thought it was safe to enter the water… LOL! I found A MHP in my area (that doesn’t seem to have A Park manager). It also seems that out of all 5-6 MH’s 4-sale that I looked at today are through those pesky commission sharks too. Have thought of only one way to deal with’em (if I do). Ask them if they could take their money in the form of A note. And at A very small monthly % too. I know that it’s not the best way to do Lonnie deal’s, but “if” (BIG IF) I do involve myself> Would you know of any other way(s)?? Most of these MH’s are between 10-15 years old. Thanks.

Fl. Kevin

Re: "Realestate Agents! Ahhhhh! - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by Carey_PA on March 01, 2002 at 09:20:59:

Kevin,

As everyone stated Look for motivated sellers NOT houses…trust me, eventually those mh’s that are listed w/ those “pesky commission sharks” will eventually be MOTIVATED SELLERS.

Start talking to the mh owners in the park and leave your biz cards, also post flyers and leave business cards in the closet laundry mat and food store near the park…and you may even try sending some post cards there…make 'em up real quick on your computer, throw a .24 cent stamp on there and mail it!

Just wait for them to call you

CAREY

Re: "Realestate Agents! Ahhhhh! - Posted by Tony-VA

Posted by Tony-VA on February 26, 2002 at 07:54:02:

Kevin,

You will notice multiple posts by people like Lyal that read, “Stop looking for houses, start looking for motivated Sellers”.

Stop and think for a moment. You are not looking at motivated Sellers, or at least not ones that can do anything yet. They are tied up in a listing agreement with a commissioned agent.

There are ways of working with agents but it can be time consuming to set in place and may not be where you want to start.

You mention this park does not have a park manager. I would suggest that when getting started, you would want the wealth of local knowledge that a park manager offers. They can tell you about the park, the comings and goings etc. Eventually they will trust you enough to tell you who their problem tenants are, people who pay late or owe the park money. These people are the motivated Sellers you seek. They may need to move, can’t afford to move, or be facing the pending eviction. A little negotiating and a few dollars can get these people to walk away free from the money owed the park (you pay that as part of the purchase price). The park gets rid of a bad tenant or gets their money back. The Seller gets to leave with some cash in their pocket and no worry about judgments chasing them later. You get to Buy right. Win/Win/Win.

You mention doing Lonnie deals and that you are from Florida. I would highly recommend that you read Ernest Tew’s “Get Rich Helping Others”. Ernest’s mobile home investing is adapted for Florida law and the restrictions that (from my understanding) make Lonnie deals difficult to repossess. Ernest’s approach may also benefit you tax wise as well.

Best Wishes,

Tony-VA