Realestate in Albany , New York area. - Posted by Richard G. Peterson

Posted by Mike Oldfield on May 09, 1999 at 20:56:13:

Corrections officers make awesome tenants. I am in prison country too. (Along withthe rest of the state ha ha)

What do you invest in?

Mike Oldfield

Realestate in Albany , New York area. - Posted by Richard G. Peterson

Posted by Richard G. Peterson on May 09, 1999 at 08:30:28:

I have had the Carlton Sheets course for about two years now, and the problem in this area is that there is so much income property available that the rental return is very low. Some cities have wacked the landlords with many requirements that create potential high overhead costs. I have been very skeptical of getting into the market. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Realestate in Albany , New York area. - Posted by flip-mentor

Posted by flip-mentor on May 12, 1999 at 08:22:06:

Hi Guys:
I’m looking to set up an office in NY state, peferably
some type of shared space arrangement in Albany, Rochester or Buffalo. Any suggestions? Thanks. f-m.

Re: Realestate in Albany , New York area. - Posted by Mike Oldfield

Posted by Mike Oldfield on May 09, 1999 at 14:36:47:

Great News

Its a buyers market. Concentrate on extremely motivated sellers. There should be lots of them.

Burned Out

Frustrated With Code Enforcement.

Low rents

Negetive cash flow.

You have more positives to concentrate on than a magnet in a scrapyard.

Nothing down is easy in a market like yours.

Im between rochester and corning.

Always nice to speak with a fellow new yorker. Our state sucks so bad there are deals everywhere. I love New York!

Mike Oldfield

I just KNEW there must be some advantage to NY! - Posted by Brian Renfrow

Posted by Brian Renfrow on May 09, 1999 at 20:10:57:

I’m about halfway between you guys (Norwich)…it’s a small town, but plenty of burned-out landlords here too. People actually listen when you bring up owner financing & nothing down. Now they’re going to build a prison for the criminally insane here (oops, I mean, a Center for Intensive Treatment). Gotta love it. All those workers relocating here are going to need houses.

Brian