Realistic goal for a new full time investor? - Posted by Luke Hoppel

Re: That’s a plan? - Posted by John08

Posted by John08 on April 22, 2006 at 18:51:16:

Joe,

So just who is this group that you are finding and just how are you finding them?

Re: That’s a plan? - Posted by Luke Hoppel

Posted by Luke Hoppel on April 21, 2006 at 07:50:31:

Mel,
I agree with Joe. I wrote that post while I was running out the door and when I went back and looked at it, I realized it came across differently then how I was intending it to.
The fact that if you can find a nitch, you will be much more successful is very true!
I don’t know Joe; I’m not even sure what he does. I’ve read several of his posts and can tell he knows what’s going on but I also think too many people follow blindly the advice given by “gurus”. I’ve seen it happen all too often, it’s like people all of a sudden can’t think for themselves and formulate their own opinions.
I, personal try to look at the big picture, take all the advice from the different gurus and formulate an opinion from there on what I think would be the best way to approach an issue.
Well, thanks for the post and best of luck to you as well. You mentioned you “used” to live in Jax. Where are you now?

Re: That’s a plan? - Posted by Mary-Oh

Posted by Mary-Oh on April 25, 2006 at 17:48:26:

Joe, I know what your saying and I agree. I too think out of the box. There’s a segment of people no one is looking at. I have big ideas but, how do you start. I mean, do I get my ideas on paper and try to find someone to fund it? And if so, what do they want to see, a business plan for something that is only an idea? Joe, if you came up with a really top notch idea (which I’m sure you have) that you have built and developed in you head for 10 years, and had no money, what would you do? How do you fund things “out of the box”? Thank you Joe,I think your great and I always learn from your postings. Thank you again. Mary

Re: That’s a plan? - Posted by Joe Kaiser

Posted by Joe Kaiser on April 23, 2006 at 01:12:10:

I suspect TDYFM will open your eyes as to what nontraditional things
are possible.

Was joking about the nursing home thing.

Why would you have to market? Once you figure out who they are (and
where), you just get in contact with them and see if you can assist.

Joe

Posted by Joe Kaiser on April 22, 2006 at 20:30:06:

Who do you suppose might fit into that category?

Joe

Re: That’s a plan? - Posted by TB Mel

Posted by TB Mel on April 21, 2006 at 18:22:26:

I live in Tampa Bay, St. Petersburg to be exact.

I also am going full time soon (within weeks) I Also am going to be doing a bit of marketing. My goal, wich many consider a tad agressive, is to be doing 3-5 deals a month after one year full time.

Soon I’ll post my initial marketing plans here to be critiqued maybe I’ll get some nuggets of wisdom.

Also, our markets are similar maybe we could learn from each others marketing successes and failures. Email me any time.

BTW Joe knows his stuff, has many courses-all niche related it seems. Also has some How to articles here.

Mel

PS

No offense intended or taken.

Posted by John08 on April 23, 2006 at 01:29:03:

Thanks. I will give it a try. Maybe it will pound something into me that will work better. Then I will be armed to dominate your foreclosure marketplace (just kiddin).

But I will give it a try. Hope the probate case in Spanaway works out for you.

Posted by John08 on April 22, 2006 at 20:56:01:

If I had to guess I would say probate (pretty confident in this guess) and pre-foreclosures.

Re: That’s a plan? - Posted by Killer Joe

Posted by Killer Joe on April 21, 2006 at 20:44:10:

TB Mel,

I went full time when I had enough cash reserves to last a year. I made that money as a REI. That’s how I knew I chose the right path. It was a financial decision as much as it was a logical decision. I’m sure it’s the same for a lot of us.

Congratulations on making it this far. A lot of folks don’t. Btw, how long a reserve are you starting with?

KJ

Posted by Joe Kaiser on April 22, 2006 at 22:04:42:

Don’t guess . . . think. Try again.

Joe

Re: That’s a plan? - Posted by TB Mel

Posted by TB Mel on April 22, 2006 at 17:55:00:

Thanks KJ.

My situations a little diffenent though.

I took this leap before. Its a long story involving A very young guy, lots of guts, far too little planning, An ex-wife and an ex-partner.

It took a long time to recover from that-emotionally and financially. I learned my lessons the hard way.

I have all my monthly expenses covered from working part time. I dont want to touch my working capital until I have more than I could need. Im not there yet.

But I do have some money for marketing, and I do have 50+ hrs a week if needed, plus some liquid cash for investment as well as a Self directed IRA.

Any recomendations from anyone would help.

Mel

Posted by John08 on April 22, 2006 at 22:08:46:

Nursing homes