Realtor/Investors - Posted by Bob Richards

Posted by Rob FL on October 31, 2000 at 16:03:07:

I simply treat them like I am any other investor. Everything I say or do is like an investor. I contact them through my investment company, investor business cards, investor advertising, etc.

And yes definitely if the deal is too skinny or simply won’t work as an investor, offer to list it for them. I have gotten several listings this way. Listing is simply another tool you have to offer them. Investing is far more profitable though.

Realtor/Investors - Posted by Bob Richards

Posted by Bob Richards on October 31, 2000 at 15:10:16:

A question for Realtors who are also investors; how do you approach homeowners to buy their properties? I would think you would try to buy it initially as an investor and if you’re unsuccessful, try to get a listing for it. But I guess my question is more along the lines of what SPECIFICALLY do you say to the homeowner? I know we’re not supposed to use scripts, but if any of you could give me some type of specifics on what you say and when, it would be appreciated.

Also, how do you contact the homeowner? By mail or by phone? If by mail, do you send out under your Investing Company name or under your Realtor Company? Which card do you give them? Investor or Realtor?

Just wondering b/c it seems like a nice way to get a deal; either but it as an investor or list it as a Realtor.

As always, your thoughts and comments are appreciated!
Bob