Realtors? - Posted by Steve W (WA)

Posted by Dave on January 25, 2002 at 10:10:49:

In Fl. where I live the minimum commission on a single wide is $1000.00. And $2000.00 on a DW. Over $20.000.00 sale price it goes to percentage but never less than the minimum.

Realtors? - Posted by Steve W (WA)

Posted by Steve W (WA) on January 24, 2002 at 07:58:08:

I’ve got a 199x Blahblah 14x70 for sale for 25,000, any takers? (j/k)

Seriously, here’s the deal - n00b, but ready to commit. Have the books, have the location, have the beginnings of a good relationship with the PM.

4 MHs for sale, 2 more empty and ratty posted with sheriff’s notices (gotta ask the PM about those - answer, Betty, answer!)

2 of these for sales have realtor’s signs - one asking 13.5 (poor shape inside - carpet, counter, appliances, floor, etc), has hung up on another person’s offer of 2.5 cash, but has acquiesced to accept 8.5 cash (I’m waiting that one out!); the other asking 6, but I cannot get into that one to view until this weekend. Both of these realtor’s are being very territorial - don’t talk to the owner, only make offers through me, etc.

So . . . there is really no mention of this type of thing in the books, but I guess a motivated seller would run right to a realtor - does anyone with more experience have a rule of thumb regarding realtor-involved deals?

Re: Realtors? - Posted by dave

Posted by dave on January 24, 2002 at 18:11:33:

I bought 4 24x48 DW’s from a realtor last year. $4 grand apiece. Needed minor cleaning, under 500.00 for all four. sold for 10G’s, 12G’s and 12.5Gs this realtor dug them out for me and got her full spiff on each one. Do not overlook a good “huntin dog” realtor agent. they can do alot of legwork for you.

Re: Realtors? - Posted by Chuck (AZ)

Posted by Chuck (AZ) on January 24, 2002 at 11:53:56:

Yea… assure the realtor that it’s not your goal to cut him/her out of his commission, yet let him/her know that if they impeed you in making a buying decision, you won’t.

Should solve the problem.

thanks chuck & dave - Posted by Steve W (WA)

Posted by Steve W (WA) on January 25, 2002 at 07:26:40:

Truthfully, I find myself wondering why an agent would even bother representing a place selling for 4 digits (or less!) - I suppose any commission is a good commission - but you have to figure your time investment! What’s their per-hour on showing and phone-conversing for a couple hundred dollar (maybe) commish?