Reasonable marketing expectations - Posted by Mike

Posted by Greg(NJ) on June 15, 2005 at 17:05:21:

It depends what type list you are asking about. SOme are free, some as not. Some counties have their tax data online for free. This is priceless info, if put in the right hands (mine). Sitexdata.com sells “farm area” lists, again priceless if used the right way. What way? Kathy Kennebrook and Richard Roop are the two legends in their own time - Marketing experts, and I do mean experts, especially, Kathy.
Greg

Reasonable marketing expectations - Posted by Mike

Posted by Mike on June 15, 2005 at 16:04:02:

I’m curious as to what a reasonable number of monthly leads should be generated with a budget of around 2k/month. I’d like to do blanket postcard mailings to farm a few areas. At rougly $.32/postcard, I think $2,000 should put around 6000 postcards out there. I’m expecting around a .3% response rate. Hopefully, 15-20 calls. Perhaps 1 deal.

Does this seem reasonable?

thanks.

Talk about putting all your eggs in one basket! - Posted by EquityHunter1

Posted by EquityHunter1 on June 15, 2005 at 17:14:46:

If you haven’t done any marketing in your areas you should try several different methods to see which gets a better response. Then you can capitalize on those methods. I hope before you do anything, you research your market. Is it a buyers or sellers? which price properties are moving quickly? Find your target and then try several different methods. Then you can also tweak each promising method. Don’t just drop 2K a month doing one thing. You’ll be disappointed.

Re: Reasonable marketing expectations - Posted by Greg

Posted by Greg on June 15, 2005 at 16:18:39:

Seems ok, but. You are paying too much. The standard rate that the USPS charges for a postcard is .23. Now for 1 cent more thay will print and mail the postcards from your list! That a bit better! Check out usps.com for more info.

Re: Reasonable marketing expectations - Posted by John

Posted by John on June 15, 2005 at 16:28:08:

Where is the cheapest place to get a list?