Rebuilding credit - Posted by Steve W (WA)

Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA on March 26, 2002 at 22:21:06:

selling or renting to military personnel. If they don’t pay you don’t need to go to court(its nearly impossible anyway). Just go to your phone and call their C.O. You will get fast positive results. This is a fairly harsh remedy. I wouldn’t go to a C.O. without first discussing this with the debtor and giving him a reasonable chance to make amends.

Regards, doc

Rebuilding credit - Posted by Steve W (WA)

Posted by Steve W (WA) on March 21, 2002 at 09:36:28:

Please pardon the double post to the main board and the Lonnie board.

I offer financing of the homes (MH) that I sell.

I have a buyer - young sailor - who has a shady credit past. Medical bills, awaiting judgement - - you know the story. He tells me that he wants to extend his financing to help build his credit back up - good idea, and I am willing. This is one of those diamonds in the rough - Gov’t backed payments to me!

My Q:

How do I, or rather my corp, go about reporting his credit activity as time goes on? What do I have to do? I can see this as a good selling point as well, but I have not seen this on the board, nor in the archives.

Re: Rebuilding credit - Posted by Shawn Dostie

Posted by Shawn Dostie on March 27, 2002 at 21:37:36:

To report to the credit bureau all you need to do is call them, they’ll fax you the form. Fill it out and presto it’s on there, good or bad, however you like.
BTW, I am a dealer and have an account with the credit bureau. There may be some fee’s and membership involved.

Good Luck,
Shawn