Recap: Previous Millions Post. - Posted by EquityHunter

Posted by KPC on September 09, 2005 at 17:51:06:

Although it is a lot easier to be.

Recap: Previous Millions Post. - Posted by EquityHunter

Posted by EquityHunter on September 09, 2005 at 07:42:10:

I appreciate all the great responses I received from my previous post where I made the point that owners are the weak link or main impediment to our making millions in this business. There were two camps responding.

One camp said they don’t bother with owners at all. They buy tax deeds, and at the foreclosure sales among other things. And I think I’m more in their camp. They avoid alot of headaches and frustrations. The downside is this method takes experience and hard cash or the access to it. This is what I would call the “market” approach. You bypass the owner.

The other camp made good points about how they deal with owners. This camp I will call the “sales” approach. This approach I believe is utilized by most new comers and the majority of others, and requires little or no cash in pocket. The downside, as I see it, is if you are not an outgoing salesperson, with the “numbers game” mentality, and a thick skin, this method is going to be hard for you to stick with.

Re: Recap: Previous Millions Post. - Posted by John Sheridan

Posted by John Sheridan on September 11, 2005 at 10:47:29:

Quote: “There were two camps responding.”

Actually there were three, one of which you choose to ignore. I was the lone dissenter from the “get rich quick” philosophy that seems to permeate this forum.

I really think you people are doing a great disservice to the young newbies who come here - I’m talking about people in their early twenties - by setting up expectations that they can become independently wealthy by the time they get reach 30. It doesn’t work that way in general. Only those who are very lucky manage this, and that kind of luck is something you shouldn’t count on.

There was another thread here a little while ago, that went something like “OK RE Investors, how much do you make”. A couple of people responded with mid six figure numbers. Those were the lucky ones. Everyone else responded with indignation over such a “rude” post - probably because they were embarrassed to post their much more normal mid-to-upper 5 figure incomes that small business owners generally make.

Come on people, stop thinking that everyone else makes millions except you. That’s just not the way it is.

The only reason I don’t have millions - Posted by George Sanders

Posted by George Sanders on September 10, 2005 at 03:26:20:

Yes, indeed, the only “limitation” to me having millions and billions of dollars from real estate is because of some sellers having a certain mindset before I talk to them.

What, are you stupid? There’s SO much more to it than that (I easily have over $1mm equity/liq. cash).

Re: Recap: Previous Millions Post. - Posted by KPC

Posted by KPC on September 09, 2005 at 09:44:29:

Or, “Sales Camp” people are nice,sincere, kind and really care about humanity. Along with the other traits you stated. That is why I am in the market camp.

Re: Recap: Previous Millions Post. - Posted by Ben (NJ)

Posted by Ben (NJ) on September 09, 2005 at 16:58:01:

You can still be nice in the “market camp”, you just don’t NEED to be! LOL.