recommended reading/ study? - Posted by Spc. Matt Hoeft

Posted by Bert NH on August 25, 2003 at 08:02:38:

Dude, Your countrymen stand beside you! God Bless.

recommended reading/ study? - Posted by Spc. Matt Hoeft

Posted by Spc. Matt Hoeft on August 24, 2003 at 13:56:38:

Hello,

My name is Matt Hoeft. I am currently deployed the Oregon Army National Guard, B. Co.,52nd Engineering Bn. in Mosul, Iraq. If you see fit to respond, I thank you in advance for indulging such a simply inquiry.
Thank you for this forum.

Myself and another soldier were standing guard one night and we got to talking about real estate. He, John, is a journeyman carpenter, his father has taught him some about buying and selling vacant land as well as city planning and the process of labor unions. I am a software broker w/ a background in accounting and finance. Our goal is to combine our modest experience, and learn to develop real estate as a business.

To those of you w/ experience in this arena. Would you be willing to recommend books, study courses, websites, anything that we can begin to learn immediately to progress towards our goal? Is there a book or course you were exposed to later in your career that you wished you would have experienced years earlier?

Thanks to Creonline for being an outstanding source of learning and individual empowerment.

Sincerely,

Spc. Matt Hoeft
B Co 52nd Eng Bn
LSA Diamondback, Mosul, Iraq

Re: recommended reading/ study? - Posted by KT¶

Posted by KT¶ on September 02, 2003 at 18:07:36:

God bless!! & Thank You all!!

Here’s my recommended books… - Posted by David Krulac

Posted by David Krulac on August 26, 2003 at 14:44:34:

here’s the amazon linkto my 40 reviews, mostly real estate:

Re: recommended reading/ study? - Posted by David Krulac

Posted by David Krulac on August 25, 2003 at 11:46:28:

Thank you.

I have written about 40 reviews on www.amazon.com

most of the books are real estate books.

Some of my favorites are:

“How I turned $1,000 into 1,3,5 $Million in real estate.” by William Nickerson

“Buy and Hold” by David Schumacher

“Landlording” by Leigh Robinson

David Krulac

Re: recommended reading/ study? - Posted by Cas

Posted by Cas on August 25, 2003 at 11:13:02:

Matt first I want to thank you and all the other men and women for your sacrifice for America, and the free world. In want you to know that we appreciate your efforst, and are very very grateful.

Regarding your question, please for now avoid those thousand dollar courses. Read books for now. After reading so many of them, you will finally figure the whole thing out.

Read these books:

1.The Complete Guide to Buying and Selling Apartment Buildings, by Steve Berges

1. How to Buy and Sell Apartment Buildings, by Eugene E. Vollucci

3.Fianncing Secrets of a Millionare Real Estate Investor, by William Bronchik

1. Flipping Properties, by Wiliam Bronchik

2. Real Estate Investment and Acquisition Wirkbook, by Howard A. Zuckerman

Start with these. They are available at amazon.com. By the time you are done reading them all, the whole thing will begin to make sense to you. Feel free to re-read all of them.

But generally read ANYTHING that has even the remotest relevance to real estate investing. This is important so i’ll say it again. read ANYTHING that has even the remotest relevance to real estate investing.

And before I forget, of course the grand daddy of all is creonline. Read all the forums. Do searches, and read the archives. Read them everyday.

3 to 6 months of this, and you will be ready.

That’s all I can think of now.

Thank you again, take care of yourself and your squad mates, and see you soon in the USA.

Cas