recording contract - Posted by cani

Posted by cani on October 03, 2003 at 13:46:29:

Bill,

Thanks I’ll do that. I hope my lender or buyer’s lender will accept the stamp copy as original.

recording contract - Posted by cani

Posted by cani on October 03, 2003 at 01:54:02:

I am trying to record the contract along with MOA, reading from my county’s recording rule: We will keep the document for processing and mail the original back to the name and address shown on the upper left corner of the first page. Documents are usually mailed back within 10 to 12 weeks of recording.

10 to 12 weeks? Does anybody run into the same rule for your county? What if people need the original back right away as soon as it’s recorded?

Re: recording contract - Posted by William Bronchick

Posted by William Bronchick on October 03, 2003 at 10:20:06:

If you bring in a duplicate, the recorder may give you a stamp on it as proof of filing. In Denver County, Colorado, the backlog is so long that the County is being sued!

Re: recording contract - Posted by cani

Posted by cani on October 06, 2003 at 16:13:22:

I checked, for a fee of $7 each page and additional page thereafter they’ll give me a certified copy while they retain the originals for 10-12 weeks. A small cost for us, but good busines profit for government. I am sure the 10-12 weeks has nothing to do with this business?

Business Week 9/29 issue has a cover story on page 98 about how government/companies charging small fees left and right, which make up to millions every year. We pay extra to make up for their delays, who says government are’t entrepreneurial thinkers? Maybe we are in the wrong business? :slight_smile: