Recording the convention - Posted by Lee

Posted by KevinMiami on March 02, 1999 at 10:39:59:

I didn’t mean to ask anyone to violate any rules or anything. It’s just that I am unable to make it to the convention due to prior commitments. Maybe the organizers of the convention would be able to assist me. PLEASE???

Recording the convention - Posted by Lee

Posted by Lee on February 28, 1999 at 15:29:26:

I read a while back where JP said she would not be recording the convention this year, but said it is OK with her if the attendies recorded it.
I am going to bring my micro cassette recorder and 15 or 20 three hour tapes along with a couple of tons of batteries with me to the convention this year
IF IT IS STILL OK WITH JP AND TERRY.

JP please correct me if I missunderstood…

Great, I was hopeing I was right. LOL

Maybe… if we brought our recorders and recorded the round table discussions and then offered to swap tapes with each other we could hear what was said in conversations at the other tables.

What do you think?

Lee

For your own PERSONAL use only! - Posted by J.P. Vaughan

Posted by J.P. Vaughan on March 02, 1999 at 08:25:19:

Convention attendees may record the speakers for their
own PERSONAL USE ONLY. They may NOT sell or give away
copies of their tapes. That means this: do NOT give,
sell, barter or trade your convention recordings to
anyone else.

We will STRICTLY enforce this. If others have chosen
not to attend the convention, maybe they can come next
year. Again, only attendees may audio tape for their
own PERSONAL use. Do not take the risk of violating
this rule.

JP Vaughan

Re: Recording the convention - Posted by KevinMiami

Posted by KevinMiami on March 02, 1999 at 07:59:20:

Hey guys, I don’t think I’ll be able to reach the convention (obligations in Miami), would it still be possible to get a copy of the tapes. If anybody is willing please e-mail me @ KevinMiami@USA.net

Re: Recording the convention - Posted by Bassman

Posted by Bassman on February 28, 1999 at 23:14:03:

Count me in for doing swap. I will have two recorders,one on me the other on my wife .were going to try to get as much as we can and digest it all later

Re: Recording the convention - Posted by Bassman

Posted by Bassman on February 28, 1999 at 23:14:03:

Count me in for doing swap. I will have two recorders,one on me the other on my wife .were going to try to get as much as we can and digest it all later

Re: Recording the convention - Posted by Rodney (AZ)

Posted by Rodney (AZ) on February 28, 1999 at 17:48:02:

I will be recording what I can at the convention. I cleared it with JP about a month ago, and I’m assuming that it’s still okay. I’ll be using a small minidisk recorder setup, because of its unobtrusiveness and the ability to record up to 148 minutes in mono on one disk.

I think that your idea of tape swapping is great. I am willing to re-record anything that I capture on the minidisk to any other media that is desired.

Let’s all touch base at the convention or afterwards to iron out the details.

Rodney

Re: Recording the convention - Posted by Rodney (AZ)

Posted by Rodney (AZ) on February 28, 1999 at 17:48:02:

I will be recording what I can at the convention. I cleared it with JP about a month ago, and I’m assuming that it’s still okay. I’ll be using a small minidisk recorder setup, because of its unobtrusiveness and the ability to record up to 148 minutes in mono on one disk.

I think that your idea of tape swapping is great. I am willing to re-record anything that I capture on the minidisk to any other media that is desired.

Let’s all touch base at the convention or afterwards to iron out the details.

Rodney

Re: Recording the convention - Posted by J. Swindell

Posted by J. Swindell on February 28, 1999 at 16:19:21:

Lee, I talked with Jeanne on Friday and she said it was OK to tape as long we don’t use big equiptment., ie, small micro cassette recorder are OK.
J. Swindell