refinance of nonconforming use 4 plex (?) - Posted by JD

Posted by Rob B on January 29, 2002 at 22:07:04:

Try different lenders. I have non conforming properties and as long as they are insuresed and the lender is listed as the one who gets paid first in canse of a fire, there should’t be a problem. My lenders have never asked for any non-conforming certificates. Good luck, sounds like they are just jerking your chain.

refinance of nonconforming use 4 plex (?) - Posted by JD

Posted by JD on January 29, 2002 at 18:49:15:

I own a 4 plex which I am trying to refinance. The use is non-conforming for the current zoning. But I have a certificate of nonconformance. Which means that everyone that matters in County and City government knows that the property is a 4 plex and they are fine with that, but if it burns down (highly unlikely since it is made of brick and concrete block) I can’t rebuild it as a four plex. My current loan is a portfolio loan from a local bank. I would like to get the better loan terms that are available for non-owner occupied 4 plexs on the secondary market, but my loan agent is telling me that guidelines say that a certificate of nonconformance is not good enough. The reasoning being that if the property burned down, the lender’s security would be at risk. I already carry more insurance on the property then it is worth, and would be willing to carry more to protect the lender, but those did not seem to be persuasive points. Any suggestions.

Re: refinance of nonconforming 4 plex - Posted by Donna Stanton

Posted by Donna Stanton on January 29, 2002 at 22:58:28:

For complete details about this type of refi, please email amcorp@inter-linc.net