Refused zoning permit - MHP - Posted by Bryan

Posted by William Bronchick on February 11, 2002 at 08:56:24:

You need to check the zoning regs. However, don’t be a tough guy . . . you still need the cooperation of this overerpaid bureaucrats. When you are pushed into a corner, then you have to take the opposite approach - hire a lawyer and get tough. Dealing with the city is very political, so tread carefully.

Refused zoning permit - MHP - Posted by Bryan

Posted by Bryan on February 10, 2002 at 09:43:03:

I am a MHP owner in NC and the MHP is in an incorporated town. It is a 22 space MHP, all MHs are park owned and rented out section 8 and by the week/month.

I bought the park in poor condition and have replaced 5 MHs in 14 months and the park is looking much better.
However, when I went to the town planners office the other day to get yet another zoning permit for another MH, I was refused. The town planner says he wanted to see some “things” done in the park before he would issue another one. He wants to see proper underskirting under the homes and some decks are missing which need to be built.

my question is…can he do this? and what are my rights or how can I find out what my rights are. He also says that my park roads need to be paved. Moving new homes into the park is what is going to make or break it and it makes no sense to put $600 underskirting/decks under a $200 mobile home.- especially since that same MH will be replaced within a year or so. What’s to stop the town planner from saying that he wants to see the whole park perfect?. The money comes from newer MHs brought into the park.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Bryan