Rehab Business Plan - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by Mark R in KCMO on October 13, 1998 at 12:16:45:

Carey,

Great to here things are going well in you video editor training.

I think your choice of words is fine, use “my” instead of “your”.

Mark R in KCMO

Rehab Business Plan - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by Carey_PA on October 13, 1998 at 12:05:41:

Hello all,

Yes, I’m still here. (BTW, the training on being a video editor is going very well)

Here’s the scoop, I ordered Kevin Meyers book, Buy it, Fix it, Sell it. (I’m almost finished it)

I already placed my ad in the paper for a realto
I’m working on my business plan now and I have one question, which may sound stupid, but I need to make sure, so I don’t look like an idiot.

In the book on the business plan section, for instance the Overview of Investment Strategy, Kevin writes in the first paragraph “This will ensure that YOUR profits are secured at purchase and not dependent on any price inflation in the marketplace.” Now my question, when I write my business plan, I substitute MY for YOUR in this sentence, right? So it would read…This will ensure that my profits…

Thanks,

CAREY

Re: Rehab Business Plan - Posted by Greg

Posted by Greg on October 13, 1998 at 23:23:59:

Another easy way around this, if you’re worried about the context is to neutralize it; i.e.

This will ensure that THE profits are …

Greg

Re: Rehab Business Plan - Posted by DianeV-FL

Posted by DianeV-FL on October 13, 1998 at 17:20:26:

I used the same information to create my Business Plan and used “this will insure that profits are…” I left out “my”…it might be unclear to some that those are MY profits but I haven’t had it questioned yet.

I also used “we” throughout my Plan…although I am a one-person show, I may not always be…and if you ever use private investors, you have created “we.”

I put my Plan into a plain black 3 ring folder and glued my business card on the front (ivory with black print). I used a table of contents & did all of it on my Works & Excel…included a short resume & credit report. I have had very positive feedback on it…lenders are not accustomed to seeing this from rehabbers!

Good luck !