Rehab Estimating Software - Posted by Paul

Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX on June 17, 2000 at 20:10:12:

Stew,

Have you actually used those estimators? If so, how did they work out for you? I ran a couple of tests to see what figures the program would come up with for the type of rehabs that I do. Unfortunately, the program arrived at extremely high costs. The figures are probably based on retail prices that the average homeowner would pay if they hired a retail contractor. The figures were TWICE what I normally pay. There is no way that I could pay those prices and make any money on my rehabs. I could only test the bathroom and kitchen estimators because every time I tried to run a test on the roofing estimator it came back with a syntax error. Perhaps in other zip codes the figures are more in line with what a rehabber would pay, but it didn’t seem very helpful for my zip codes. I hope others have more success with it.

Best of Success!!

Jim Kennedy,
Houston, TX

Rehab Estimating Software - Posted by Paul

Posted by Paul on June 16, 2000 at 11:01:43:

I am looking for software which will facilitate the estimating process when looking at a rehab project. Template driven or stand alone is fine. Does anyone know of anything like this in the market?

If not, sounds like a possibility for one of you programming types.

I appreciate your responses.

Paul.

try www.cbshome.com… look at the roof/kitchen/bath etimator - Posted by Stew (NE)

Posted by Stew (NE) on June 16, 2000 at 11:43:44:

Hope this helps