Rehabbers **Question*** - Posted by Adam King

Posted by Mark-WV on July 02, 2002 at 12:24:32:

Payment in full at completion, no up front money, I will pay for materials myself as needed in the course of the rehab ,but will not give cash to the contractor. By doing this I can control the costs of the materials and most of the time can buy them cheaper than the contractor thus lowering the cost of the job and stopping the excuse of the contractors that he needs upfront money to pay for the materials .

Rehabbers Question* - Posted by Adam King

Posted by Adam King on July 02, 2002 at 10:22:53:

Just wondering what most of you give your “General Contractors” in the way of payments. Also, what is the limit of their efforts? Do most of you give the entire prodject to them just to choreograph, or do they do some of the work themselves while you do the running around? Have you ever shared your profits with them?
As always,
Thanks in advance.
Adam

Re: Rehabbers Question* - Posted by Marc(NJ)

Posted by Marc(NJ) on July 02, 2002 at 12:03:09:

I’ve tried to partner up with a contractor and found that it doesnt work. Both parties must have the same objectives. Payments usually are 1/2 down and 1/2 on completion.Most of the demo is done by my crew and the contractors do the installation.Also my crew does all the painting.Hope this helps,Marc